Remarketing Operations Specialist, APAC
Tesla Motors HK Limited
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004833858
Would you like to be part of a team transforming the way people buy a car? Are you a business savvy and have the ability to work autonomously in an environment that is fuelled by creativity and problem solving? Tesla Motors Inc. is looking to reinvent the trade-in and vehicle remarketing business, and we are looking for innovators to help us in this endeavour. As a Remarketing Operations Specialist for Tesla Motors, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to engineer an innovative solution to market previously owned Tesla products and handle our vehicle trade-in business. This individual will partner with the Remarketing and Sales Operations teams to completely reimagine the pre-owned car buying experience and revolutionize the automotive industry’s view on what is possible with vehicle remarketing. You will accomplish something that has never been done before.
Your responsibilities will include targeting and driving the necessary business partners for vehicle trade-ins and acting as a conduit on our behalf for those business relationships. Furthermore, the Remarketing Operations Specialist is responsible for tax compliance, targeting and driving the necessary business partners for vehicle trade-ins and acting as a conduit on our behalf for those bussiiness relationships. You will work closely with a global remarketing team to help advance Tesla’s ability to address our customer’s needs, concerns, and requests from the field. A sharpened sense of ownership, swift implementation, and scrappiness is required. The best candidate for this role is equally comfortable as an individual contributor as well as a team leader in an all hands on deck environment. You will communicate between many functions of Tesla’s business, including: Sales, Delivery, Service, and Finance. We move fast... and continualimprovement is important. You must be prepared to learn on your feet and build a foundation for this rapidly growing business function.
- Accounting of AP and AR invoices.
- Detailed review of AR and AP VAT registers
- Document Validation before vehicle comes in on Trade
- Communication between Sales and Delivery for Trade-in Specifics
- Drive culture of accountability and commitment
- Execute controls for compliance and operational risks, act as "second line of defense"
- Managing a broad range of compliance topics for used vehicle business to comply with relevant legal and regulatory requirements as well as with brand directives and standards
- Giving advice and support on compliance related matters and liaise with staff at all levels. You will work closely with the business as well as with our tax and finance to assess, prevent, mitigate and/or control compliance risks, develop policies and procedures, and ensure that these are adhered to.
- Analyze and report on trends and developments to ensure compliance services are responsive to an ever changing business and regulatory environment.
- Preparing and performing trainings and awareness raising meetings will be part of your assignment. Further you will take an important role in controlling the adherence to internal policies and processes.
- Assists with special projects as needed and Assisting Regional Remarketing with day to day operations
- Handling Remarketing escalations dealing with Registration and Ownership Transfer
- 2+ Years of experience in administration within the automotive industry, exposure to the used car business will be considered as an additional asset.
- BA/BS in Business, Automobile, Marketing or equivalent
- Superior attention to detail under tight deadlines and comfortable in a fast paced working environment
- Fluency in English, Cantonese, Mandarin
- Strong communication skills, able to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to work across multiple systems; experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Extremely well self-organized, precise and accurate, hands-on.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Tesla Motors HK Limited
About Tesla Motors HK Limited
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable transportation and electricity consumption by designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and energy storage systems. Based in California, Tesla employs more than 13,000 people across four continents, and manufactures cars at our factory in Fremont, California. We are currently constructing the Gigafactory–the world’s largest lithium ion battery factory–in Sparks, Nevada, and have already begun producing Tesla Energy battery storage products.
Tesla Motors currently produces two premium EVs–Model S and Model X–engineered from the ground up to be the world’s best car and SUV, respectively. Model S received Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, and achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA. The recently released Model X includes the first ever falcon wing doors, as well as Tesla’s award-winning electric all-wheel drive powertrain. Both vehicles come with free road trip access to more than 400 Tesla Supercharger stations—the world’s fastest EV charging technology. Model 3, our third generation EV, is currently under development.
Tesla Energy produces the Powerwall, a residential battery pack, as well as commercial and utility-grade Powerpack storage systems designed to help reduce electricity costs, smooth consumption and create a more resilient electricity grid.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone; you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we’re trying to do too difficult.