The mission of the Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) is to promote productivity excellence for industry to enhance competitiveness and sustainability through a bundle of strategies including collaboration with stakeholders, focus on areas of excellence and scaling up productivity enhancement platforms.
R&D Manager (Automotive Parts & Accessory Systems R&D Centre) (Ref:APAS228/JDB/281116)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004915877
Employer Ref. APAS228/JDB/281116
- Lead R&D activities in automotive areas like electric vehicle relevant technology and vehicle integration
- Drive and implement R&D projects from market analysis, customer orientation, technical solution proposal, project execution and field application support
- Initiate R&D project ideas from inception to implementation based on customer, market and technology demands, and implement APAS’s technology roadmap in green transportation initiative and related product focus
- Undertake project management responsibilities, and ensure full compliance of work schedules, procedures and requirements
- Liaise with government authorities, and forge strong partnership with R&D partners and universities
- Occasional travel to Mainland China to implement projects required
- Bachelor Degree in engineering or computer science related disciplines or equivalent with hands on experience in research and product development work. Higher degree is a plus
- Minimum 6 years’ working experience in automotive and electronics industry with strong project management skill
- Good understanding of automotive industry, and familiar with one or more following technologies, i.e. battery management, EV charging, motor control, powertrain system or vehicle integration. Solid technical solution or engineering experience highly desirable
- Mature, highly motivated with strong sense of responsibility
- Good interpersonal skill and good house-keeping practices
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting thesuitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by clicking 'Apply Now' (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) on or before 12 December 2016.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.
More Jobs from this Company
Engineering Officer (Automotive Parts & Accessory Systems R&D Centre) (Ref:APAS230/JDB/071216)