We are The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel (HKRITA).
We are established with funding from the Innovation and Technology Commission of the HKSAR Government and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
We work with Industry to invent, innovate, and create new solutions that make our industries better and benefit our society.
We are a young, energetic team that delights in bringing together researchers and industry partners.
We thrive on challenges. We are excited by new possibilities. We love to create new and better products, machines, and solutions. Applications are now invited for the following position.
Research Associate (Ref. No.: HKRITA-RA-08/16) [Appointment period: 18 months]
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004996285
Employer Ref. HKRITA-RA-08/16
Reporting to the Project Manager, the appointee will be required to:
- Analyze the collected social media data;
- Conduct the research works including data screening and data analysis, as well as consolidating results and preparing reports;
- Manage R&D projects, including technical and financial aspects and other project administrative tasks, such as preparing project updates and reports;
- Work closely with R&D researchers and personnel;
- Coordinate with local and overseas universities, research institutions and business partners, and handle enquires in a professional manner; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- A master’s or an honours degree in Statistics, Information Technology, Textile Technology or a related discipline;
- 3 or more years of research/ relevant work experience, preferably with background knowledge of and skills in model building and/or text mining;
- Highly-organized, capable of working under pressure with multi-task assignments;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Chinese, with a good command of Putonghua being an asset.
Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application. Salary offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to send detailed curriculum vitae in strict confidence to Human Resources Manager, HKRITA, R906-08, Shirley Chan Building, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon by clicking "Apply Now". Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. HKRITA reserves the right to consider late applications and nominations, and to fill or not to fill the position. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purpose. Please mark “PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL” and quote the position applied for and its reference number on the envelope.