We are The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel (HKRITA).
We are established with funding from the Innovation and Technology Commission of the HKSAR Government and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
We work with Industry to invent, innovate, and create new solutions that make our industries better and benefit our society.
We are a young, energetic team that delights in bringing together researchers and industry partners.
We thrive on challenges. We are excited by new possibilities. We love to create new and better products, machines, and solutions. Applications are now invited for the following position.
Research Officer (Ref. No.: HKRITA-RO-07/16)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004996302
Employer Ref. HKRITA-RO-07/16
Reporting to the Research Manager, the appointee will be required to:
- Conduct preliminary research/ analysis of target technological areas, such as functional textile, dye, textile recycle, green chemistry and textile engineering;
- Perform research work assigned by the Research Manager;
- Manage project development, such as preparing reports, following up on project progress, etc.; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- A recognised degree in Textiles and Clothing, Chemistry, Engineering or a related discipline, preferably with the degree of MPhil;
- 3 or more years of research/relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of functional textile and apparel;
- strong practical skills in textile and apparel testing, and data analysis (including physical and chemical properties testing, and physiological implication evaluation);
- Highly-organised and capable of working under pressure with multi-task assignments;
- Frequent travel to overseas is required
Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application. Salary offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. An initial 2-year contract will be offered to the successful candidate of the post. Re-engagement thereafter is subject to mutual agreement.
Applicants are invited to send detailed curriculum vitae in strict confidence to Human Resources Manager, HKRITA, R906-08, Shirley Chan Building, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon by clicking "Apply Now" Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. HKRITA reserves the right to consider late applications and nominations, and to fill or not to fill the position. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purpose. Please mark “PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL” and quote the position applied for and its reference number on the envelope.