ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world's largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000 colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision - Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it's downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking - where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work-their life's work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it's an opportunity to help change the world…
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004835948
This is a 40 hour per week position, on-site, at the customer location and may require additional work hours and on-call support for critical issues which will be compensated for with Comp time.
- To hold network information gathering workshops with the Customer to understand the Customer’s existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
- To understand the Customer’s organizational structure and become familiar with the Customer’s network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in supporting a network that is available and sustainable.
- To carry out testing of new Designs, features, and functionality as required by the Customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network
- To test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
- To troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution on pre and post production issues.
- To raise equipment Return Material Authorizations (RMA’s) and to track these through to problem resolution
- To produce a written summary report of the status of Design projects, equipment and network problems on a regular basis to the Customer
- To hold technology workshops with the Customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
- To train the Customer’s design, implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products
- To assist the Customer to develop Network Operating and Equipment Operating Procedures
- Support production environment of Juniper products within the Customer infrastructure
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer
- The Resident Engineer is expected to peer with other employees performing similar resident engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
- The RE will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio.
- Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum 5 years experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
- Candidates for this role MUST be able to demonstrate the following competencies: Strong Interpersonal skills, Ability to work well with many levels of customer engineering and management, ability to work well with the juniper account team and Technical assistance center.
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers Switches and Firewalls. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
Detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP networks. These skills should generally include: a. TCP/IP fundamentals, b. IP subnetting and supernetting and hierarchical routing principles, c. Routing protocol operation (OSPF and BGP), d. Routing policies at BGP peering points, e. VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (L2TP, MPLS, etc.) Switching, spanning tree and other switching technology as required, Firewalls and associated technologies as required
- The ability to function in a team environment and recognize and take on tasks with self-direction as well as the ability to take direction from the customer, account team, and Advanced Services Management.
- The ability to communicate well within the Juniper team articulating customer problems before they become issues being proactive where possible.
- Hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper Networks router and firewall and switching products, passion to continue learning and expanding your knowledge.
- Juniper Certification a Plus
- Focal Technologies
- Strong Technical Experience in the following areas are desired;
- Knowledge of JUNOS/Juniper Platform is highly preferred
- Advanced Knowledge of Routing, Switching & Firewall
- Good understanding of Juniper Q-Fabric Operation & Design
- Good understanding of Juniper QFX/EX Operation & Design
- Advanced knowledge of MPLS/VPN Operation & Design
- Juniper/Cisco Integration
- Familiarity with Citrix NetScaler Load Balancers desired
- Excellent understanding of the OSI Model
- Familiarity with JUNOS Space and Other Enterprise Level Management Tools