Big Cat Group Limited
We currently operate Jamie’s Italian by JAMIE OLIVER restaurants in Hong Kong and China, and are now looking for people who are passionate about GOOD FOOD and GOOD SERVICE to join our FAMILY. We have two amazing restaurants in Hong Kong, we have just opened our first restaurant in Taiwan and have plans to open in Shanghai in 2017.
As a Company we place a huge focus and pride in the training and development of our team as it is our philosophy to where possible always promote from within. We have a culture where you are recognized for your personal performance. We want people who are willing to grow with us and are energetic, hardworking and willing to develop themselves to move ahead. We have opportunities locally in Hong Kong and internationally. See below for details on a specific role for you.
Sales & Events Coordinator
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003005220813
- Leading event sales for the restaurant
- Develop new sales leads by building fantastic relationships with local Offices and Hotel Concierges
- Be a Brand Ambassador for your restaurant, attending networking events
- Understand the client’s needs and come up with an awesome event proposal
- Work with the Kitchen and operations team to guarantee that the menu offered is not only delicious but as practical as possible to operate so that the client has a great dining experience
- Ensure that the guest experience is exceptional
- Greet guests upon their arrival and make sure that they feel a Jamie style welcome
- Guarantee that the set-up is perfect – from the layout, menu design to all the little extras like candles
- Track customer feedback. If there is something that needs fixing operationally, fix it with the team.
About you and your qualifications
- Ideally sales and events working experience but at a minimum a passion and a “feel” for what is an awesome event - whether a corporate dinner or a birthday party for friends
- 2+ yrs work experience in hospitality (preferably F&B industry / service industry such as hotels or airlines)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentable
- Enjoy working independently and be willing to work flexible hours (e.g. evenings, weekends)
- “Foodie” – be someone who loves food and will spend time understanding our food (you will have a budget for eating!), as well as a knowledge of what other restaurants are doing.
- Confidence in dealing with simple excel and numbers
- Experience in an Office environment so able to book in calendar invites, send out clear emails and use Microsoft Office. You don’t need to be a computer whizz but you do need to be able to write clearly.
- HK - Fluent in English with Cantonese and Mandarin a benefit