The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence’s Product Specialist organization supports S&P Global’s objective of developing and delivering integrated data, research, and analytic solutions to our clients globally. The Credit Product Specialists mandate is to help Sales Executives and Relationship Managers monetize and leverage S&P Global’s capabilities, by providing significant knowledge of credit capabilities (research, content, models, data, analytics and solutions) to serve clients in managing complex credit risk and other critical risk management areas. In addition to Credit Solutions products (RatingsDirect and RatingsXpress), a specific area of focus will be the Credit Analytics business that combines a suite of analytical tools (Credit Model, PD Model Fundamentals, PD Model Market Signals, Credit Health Panel, Scorecards) with workflow solutions for credit analysts to assess and monitor the risk of counterparties and to identify opportunities in the market to extend credit, invest in fixed income, underwrite specialty insurance policies or price intercompany loans.
Your Skills: We are looking for a Credit Product Specialist to help drive the product success and sales growth in the region. Reporting to the Head of the Product Specialist in the region, the Credit Product Specialist role will be accountable for assisting sales in any complex and strategic opportunities.
- Establishes relationships with sales executives, relationship managers, product managers and commercial directors to diagnose, design and deliver workflow solutions for more complex clients. Has solid knowledge and is critical resource for the team.
- Ensures that team is aware of trends and responds to market demands with relevant products and services to drive revenue.
- Leads pre-sales activities such as responding to RFPs, providing training, or designing SOWs. May also lead post-sales implementation plans, if required in conjunction with other implementation teams.
- Trains senior sales executives and relationship managers on complex products and industry topics. Ensures that sales teams are knowledgeable and conversant in segment workflow challenges.
- Provides product and industry training to junior sales executives and relationship managers in domain of expertise.
- Has solid understanding of S&P Global MI products and technical requirements.
- Uses strong industry, product, and client expertise to solve complicated client workflow challenges.
- Significantly impacts the sales and revenue results of the team. Critical to sales and account penetration.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA, advanced industry certification, or technical degree a plus.
- 3-5 years relevant industry experience and a proven track record in complex technical sales.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence