Maersk Hong Kong Limited
The Maersk Group is a worldwide conglomerate that operates in some 130 countries with a workforce of over 89,000 employees. Owning the world’s largest container shipping company, Maersk is involved in a wide range of activities in the shipping, logistics, and the oil and gas industries.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. We serve our customers through 324 offices in 115 countries. We employ 7,600 seafarers and 23,200 land-based employees and operate 590 container vessels.
We market our services through the Maersk Line, Safmarine and SeaLand (Intra-Americas) brands. Maersk Line is the holding company for MCC Transport (Intra-Asia), Seago Line (Intra-Europe) and Mercosul (Brazil).
Maersk Line is part of the Maersk Group, headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Group employs more than 88,000 people in some 130 countries. 2015 revenue: USD 40.3 billion.
What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
jobsDB Ref. JHK300003001336922
Employer Ref. ML-112811
We offer you an exciting job opportunity in an international,challenging business environment characterised by high pace and diversity. You will get to focus on creating valuable relationship with our current and new customers.
This position will support the Sales team to manage and grow assigned accounts in line with the organisational strategy, goals, policies and processes.
- Build a good understanding of target customers (contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business, contract information including exceptions and service requirements).
- Maximize impact of transactional sales through effective probing, and lead qualification.
- Provide personalized service and build relationships with customers.
- Track competitor information and market trends and suggest required action.
- Formulate and manage service contracts with customers.
- Ensure replies to all sales leads and key correspondence are delivered within 24 hours.
- Communicate service or rate changes, notable trends, policies and other relevant information to assigned accounts.
- Assist with processing price quotes and rate negotiations.
- Effectively assist in problem resolution through delegation to the corresponding internal department.
- Ensure Customer Relationship Management tools (Salesforce.com and others) are updated on time and of excellent quality.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate must possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity.
A Bachelor's degree is preferred with 2-3 years industry or equivalent sales experience. You should have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, you should have organisational and time management skills including multitasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
You should have high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and a strong ability to quickly grasp and work with web-based software.