Damco Hong Kong Limited
Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freight forwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has 11,400 employees in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. In 2013, Damco had a net turnover of USD 3.2 billion, managed 2.8 million TEU of ocean freight and supply chain management volumes and air freighted more than 225,000 tonnes.
At Damco, our brand attributes are essential in every business operation we do. With our team of local logistics professionals, in a global network and more than 100 years of experience behind us, we are ready to embrace the challenges of the future.
Damco is part of the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group.
For further information, please visit us at www.damco.com
SCM Product Development Manager, Asia Region
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004832876
Purpose of the position:
Strategically develop Product Offerings of Supply Chain Management (SCM) Products in conjunction with global and regional guidelines and needs. Drive new business and increase margins by providing new product offerings geared towards the prioritized industry verticals in place and by supporting branches and the commercial organization with solutions.
To develop and implement solution of SCM product.
- To prioritize specific product development projects in Asia to increase SCM solution portfolio and facilitate additional sales to new and existing customers.
- To closely support the global network efforts to standardize product offerings.
- To package and communicate the SCM product offering across Asia branches/clusters, the commercial organization and with overseas network.
- To identify market trends and potential, expand and explore new market opportunities.
- To actively engage with existing and new customers for their continuous support.
- To support commercial initiatives through product development, innovation differentiation and value creation.
- To involve in special projects and ensure continuous process improvement, guidance to branch offices, associated sales and customer service team as well as regional commercial team.
- 8 years in 3PL / SCM industry with minimum 5 years of management experience.
- Preferably a prior understanding and experience with the Asian market.
- A commercial mind with flair for product development.
- Ability to balance operational priorities with commercial imperatives.
- Ability to take a global view.
- Team player with proven ability to work under pressure.
- Effective change agent with ability to adjust change approach based on circumstances.
- Strong drive, initiative and engagement - ability to work self-directed and well organized.
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and personal data will be used solely for recruitment purpose. Unsuccessful candidates may be considered for other vacancies in our group. Applicants who are not contacted within 6 weeks shall consider their application unsuccessful and it will be kept for future reference. All unsuccessful applications will be destroyed within 12 months.