Senior 3D Artist
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004998019
About the role....
As our Senior 3D Artist, you will be required to bring to the table creativity when designing stylized and realistic graphics for our games and apps. You will have experience in creating at least some of the following: Environments, Characters, Lighting or Animation.
You should be able to follow style guides from different brands and occasionally engage with game engines. You will collaborate with others on projects including game designers, programmers, and other artists to create rich assets as per technical requirements or as envisioned by the Producer.
This is a leadership role in which you will draw on your experience to guide and mentor a team of artists, locally and abroad; you will be responsible for keeping them aligned with project requirements and also lend to the development of their skills and careers.
- Responsible for modeling, texturing and animation for apps and games;
- Stylized low-poly character and environment creation and production;
- Produce high-quality 3D game or app previews;
- Optimization and maintenance of scenes, character assets and particle effects;
- Support engineering development by updating and modifying artwork to meet technical requirements in a timely and efficient manner;
- Contribute and advise on style and direction of new game/app, keeping in mind limitations associated with software and project milestones;
- Work with the Production team and other artists to define key milestones and deliverables and contribute towards improving production pipeline;
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production;
- Actively accept and provide feedback and critique to/from Producer, Leads and artists;
- Act as the intermediary between Producer and art team to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of game/app assets;
- Make a significant, direct contribution to the creation of art within the organization;
- Keep up-to-date on techniques, trends, styles, etc. in our industry and pertaining to your field.
- Must have 3-5 years or above experience in games, apps or equivalent. Ideally worked on at least 1 shipped app or game;
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience;
- 3D Max and Photoshop are must. Familiar with Illustrator, After Effect, Premiere Application are advantageous;
- Excellent graphic, illustration and conceptual skills;
- Strong awareness for real time graphics issues;
- Proficiency in special effects and concept drawing will be an advantage;
- Experience creating and rendering environments in 3ds max or other tool is a plus;
- Experience with Maya or other 3D software packages, Z-Brush and Photoshop is a plus;
- Experience with UI design for web or mobile apps is a plus;
- Interest in computer games, game development or mobile apps a plus;
- Only candidates with digital portfolios will be considered.
- 5-day work week
- 15 days annual leave
- Medical, Life & Personal Accident insurance
- Free company shuttle bus to and from select locations
- Casual work attire
- Free coffee, tea and fruit daily
- Multi-cultural work environment (15 nationalities and counting!)
- Flat company structure: your ideas get heard by the right people very quickly
- Diverse range of game and app genres: learn and try different projects from time to time
- Regular (and fun) company activities
To apply for this position please send your CV with the position applied, current and expected salaries, and the link to your portfolio to us.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment-related purposes. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed after six months.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Outblaze Limited
About Outblaze Limited
Outblaze has a long history as one of Hong Kong's most respected and influential technology companies. From its early days in 1998 to the multinational conglomerate it is today, one thing has always remained constant at Outblaze: we are innovators and early adopters who are intensely passionate about information technology. The Outblaze Group is a collection of several companies including: Animoca Brands and Animoca (both are award-winning mobile game developers/publishers with hundreds of titles in their portfolios), TurnOut Ventures (a joint venture with Turner Entertainment), Baby Cortex (edutainment app developer & publisher), ThinkBlaze (research firm), Typhoon Games (game developer and distributor), Web Prancer (app studio for Garfield products), Dream Cortex (development studio with a huge range of hits under its belt), and other exciting and innovative companies. Some of the popular consumer brands we work with on a daily basis include Mattel, Garfield, Doraemon, Hello Kitty, Ultraman, Astro Boy, Ben 10, Crayon Shin-chan, Mr Bean, Paris Hilton, YouTube megastar Tiffany Alvord, and many more.
For more information please visit www.outblaze.com.
For job applications, please submit to email@example.com