Senior Analyst - Application Services (12-month contract)
AIA Hong Kong and Macau
jobsDB ref: JHK100003005146691
Employer Ref. 18742
Supports Company to achieve goals by utilizing information technology. Analyzes existing or new business model & provides solutions by fine-tune existing systems or implement new computer systems. Ensures smooth production run of application systems and assists user to fully utilize the systems.
System Development and Enhancement (50%)
Performs system development and enhancement per requested by users and leaders in order to increase operational efficiency and streamline the business process to promote company’s competence.
- Analyses user requirements, their existing system work flows and procedures
- Conducts feasibility studies, systems/infrastructure/database design and evaluation, assists supervisor to liaise with different parties
- Assists supervisor to prepare project documents e.g. work schedules, test methodology and review test results
- Conducts program coding, testing and prepares system documents that adhere both deadlines and procedures of work
- Implements IT solutions to meet user requirements and Company strategic directions
System Support and Technical Advices (30%)
Supports and gives advice for all levels of users in order to deliver high quality IT services and ensures the smooth production run of application systems.
- Ensures smooth production run of application systems and provides system support
- Analyzes technical issues and devises & provides cost effective solutions
- Handles enquires and provides technical support to end users
- Provides training to upgrade IT knowledge on business and applications
- Conducts research on new IT technology and prepares reports and recommendations
- Leads small / medium-sized projects, prepares and monitors project schedule
- Proposes on new IT infrastructure based on business requirements
Other Responsibilities (20%)
- Ensures deliverables and systems comply with all applicable standards and guidelines
- Performs other responsibilities and duties assigned by managers to meet business objectives
- University / College graduate in Computing/IT or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in at least one development tools : COBOL, PB, J2EE, Java, web programming or StreamServe
- Experience of at least one Databases : Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server, AS/400 DB2
- Knowledge on at least one Platform : UNIX, Application Server (Websphere, JBOSS)
- Strong analytical skill and able to manage multiple tasks within tight timeline
- Organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
About AIA Hong Kong and Macau
AIA International Limited
About AIA Hong Kong and AIA Macau
AIA Hong Kong and AIA Macau are subsidiaries of AIA Group Limited. AIA Group Limited established its operations in Hong Kong in 1931. We have more than 11,000 financial planners*, as well as an extensive network of brokerage and bancassurance partners who serve more than 1.8 million customers*. Our products range from individual life, group life, accident, medical and health, personal lines insurance to investment-linked products with numerous investment options. We are also dedicated to providing superb product solutions to meet the financial needs of high net worth customers.
* As of February 2016