Senior Archives Officer
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004833092
Employer Ref. CBS-F-10000696-D
Our Branding and Programme Services Departmentis to build and protect the brand of the Hong Kong Jockey Club. Due to continuous business development and the growing importance of enhancing the brand equity of the Club, the department is now seeking a high calibre to fill up the position of Senior Archives Officer.
- manage archival operation including assessment, collecting, storing and arranging, and preservation of records, documents, relics, and collections of enduring value
- archival research and writing
- take part in archives and museum projects
- plan usage of materials in archives
- maintain and update databases of archives
- handle enquiries, perform routine administration work and any other duties as assigned
You should have:
- a recognised degree in History, Arts, Social Sciences, Journalism or related discipline
- experience in research work is a must and knowledge of Hong Kong history or horse racing is a plus
- prior working experience in museum, archives or records office would be an advantage
- strong communication and analytical skills, high level of creativity and versatility, be self motivated and organised
- proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese and good computer literacy
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to The Hong Kong Jockey Club
About The Hong Kong Jockey Club
838 unique Roles & 60 varied departments. 1 club. 1 team
A world-class horse racing operator. A top charitable organisation and Hong Kong’s largest community contributor, donating HK$3.87 billion in 2014/15. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's largest single by far, generating a record HK$20.05 billion in 2014/15 for public funds. A pioneer in technology application for sporting and betting entertainment, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A club recognised as one of Asia’s most prestigious. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.