Standard Chartered is a leading international bank operating in some of the most dynamic markets in the world, in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our successful and sustainable business is built on doing tangible, long term good for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
Senior Audit Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004994280
Employer Ref. 535028
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Reports to the Product Head of Audit, CIB Client Segments
- Conducting audits of Client Segments, Credit and Credit Risk Control (CRC) and GSAM. The incumbent will assist the Product heads in the development and execution of an Audit plan in accordance with the Group's Audit Charter to be able to discharge the responsibility to provide assurance that key risks (including emerging risks) pertaining to the assigned portfolio are being appropriately managed.
- The role involves undertaking risk assessments, lead and / or perform internal audit engagements of diverse business units or functions to deliver the audit plan established. In addition the role involves providing guidance to audit team members, supporting other audit teams and contributing to the overall GIA audit coverage and priorities by providing product domain knowledge and expertise.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Management of business units and relevant support functions for which incumbent has risk assessment responsibility.
- Act as liaison with Management to ensure full understanding of business strategy, plans, products, performance and risk-related issues at business unit level and communicating these to the relevant Functional Audit Team members via bottom-up continuing risk assessments and dialogue.
- Perform, support or lead where directed, the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed assurance objectives to established standards and timelines.
- Actively track and escalate, where appropriate, significant issues and audit findings that remain unresolved.
- To help develop and maintain a robust risk assessment process for documenting and communicating the results of assessment, the consolidated audit plan and strategy for the assigned portfolios and / or business functions.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal GIA stakeholders to provide input / assistance on developing their audit approach as required. Act as the CIB Client Segments, Credit, CRC and Group Special Asset Management (GSAM) expert to provide coaching and assistance to local audit functions.
- Provide non-assurance services to business units where required, through participation on advisory engagements / special projects within the Group.
- Where undertaking the role of Team Leader, provide interim performance feedback to team members.
- Share knowledge, skills and experience with team members to guide and assist in their development.
- To identify, clearly document and escalate significant issues.
- The individual will be a core audit Client Segment, Credit, CRC and GSAM specialist and also be expected to participate in other cross functional/country audits.
- To assist the Head of Audit, Client Segments CIB to ensure accurate and timely management reporting is provided to the GIA Management Team
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant work experience as professional auditors or business practitioners with core audit / business skills, particularly Credit and AML/CDD, Financing, Governance, Operational Risk and Compliance. Prior relationship management and / or credit analysis experience and knowledge of the Client Segments, CIB and products is preferable.
- Knowledge of key regulatory changes and their impact on the bank and financing business in particular.
- Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in Group Audit and the business.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and seek guidance when needed.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task without loss of quality.
- Flexibility to work across different functions and situations globally, and change priorities at short notice.
- Demonstrates ability to think critically, objectively and "think outside the box" when analyzing issues and recommending / developing solutions.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Written communication skills of a high standard.
- Ability to foster a participative and cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values.
- Engagement in professional certification activities, including completion of mandatory Bank-sponsored industry certification (e.g. credit etc.) where appropriate.
- Professional audit certification encouraged.
- Ability to commit to approx 30-40% business travel.
- Ability to perform role of 'Change Leader'.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.