Starbucks Coffee Asia Pacific Limited
Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting the highest quality arabica coffee in the world. Today, with stores around the globe, the company is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup.
To enable us to continue our success in the Asia Pacific region, we are now looking for high caliber talent who is adaptable, self-motivated and passionate to join the team.
Senior Business Analyst
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004920116
This job contributes to Starbucks success by providing business process review expertise in identifying and designing new or improvements on application(s) for a specific business unit or department. Provides input on business requirements, system and process enhancement support and documentation. May coach less experienced analysts.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead in analysis of current processes, tools, systems and makes recommendations for development, improvement or simplification. Acts as a subject matter expert in crossfunctional teams to provide recommendations on new initiatives or projects. Assesses benefits to be derived from systems improvements and quantifies impact to business unit.
- Collaborates with business group management to develop appropriate solutions and roadmaps to support the needs of the functional area. Provides on-going end-user systems review to ensure continued and correct use of application and to roll out new tools and procedures.
- Gathers and documents business requirements. Lead solution design and participate in developing new and improved processes, tools and system enhancements to support business unit requirements. Participates with IT developers in testing for system fixes, new releases and enhancements, changes and implementations, in order to ensure functionality and user acceptance.
- Maintains the integrity and the functionality of business unit systems in analyzes problems and recommends solutions. Monitors usage, practices, trends to identify potential problems. Researches, design and schedules standardized reports or advise on creation of adhoc reports or data queries to support the business unit.
- Works with IT partners, and vendors on IT projects to coordinate system enhancements. Tracks project progress and provides updates to impacted parties. Communicates new system functionality to department and assists users in understanding implications.
- Participate in Business Continuity planning with relevant business and IT personal
Summary of Experience
- End-user support and training 3 years
- Functional experience in relevant area 7 years
- Systems design, testing and implementation 6 years
- Project management 5 years
- Script development and application testing 2 years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Advance knowledge of business-specific application system in Retail F&B industry, such as POS, Store Value Card, Mobile Apps, ERP, BI
- Able to lead a business process review with users and participate in strategic IT road mapping - Effective customer service skills
- Ability to convey technical information in an accessible and understandable manner
- Strong analytic, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Systems and process flow documentation skills
- Understanding of functional area business objectives, strategies and work flow processes
- Administrative and organizational skills - Knowledge of business requirements management
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of project management skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Please send detailed resume stating your present and expected salary by clicking "Apply Now" All applications will be treated in strict confidence and used exclusively for recruitment purposes.