Walgreens Boots Alliance is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise in the world. Our purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014. This transaction brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted healthcare services through pharmaceutical wholesaling and community pharmacy care, dating back more than 100 years.
The Company, with a presence in more than 25 countries, employs over 370,000 people and is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination in the USA and Europe, and South America, middle East and Asia (including equity method investments).
The Global Sourcing Head Office is located in Hong Kong for our retail pharmacy brands . To support the strategic growth of the business, we are always looking for high calibre individuals to join Walgreens Boots Alliance. (http://www.walgreensbootsalliance.com/ http://www.boots.com/ http://www.walgreens.com)
Senior Buying Manager – Beauty
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004920721
Walgreens Boots Alliance Asia Sourcing is part of the Global Brand team that works closely with teams based in UK, U.S, Bangkok and Shanghai, to ensure optimal sourcing decisions and effective Category delivery. This position acts as the partner with QESD/PI/Packaging/Supply chain to ensure product safety and compliance, and ethical standards are maintained. They will have full accountability for end to end delivery of whole category, to an agreed margin, cost, quality and time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team to achieve WBA Asia KPIs - overall profitability including synergy saving and profitability target, on time delivery, innovation, ethical sourcing, lead-time reduction, first time inspection rates, first time inspection pass rate and safety pass rates, LEAN savings
- Provide one stop service to category team, optimize profit and recommend full planogram offer with right product assortments, packaging & merchandising solution.
- Develop Sourcing Strategies based on Category, Brand and Innovation plans. Ensure key stakeholders are engaged and regular reviews to ensure business needs are met.
- Own supplier relationships and lead development / review categories, to understand capabilities, capacity and opportunities for mutual growth.
- Lead, scope and deliver cross functional change programs that drive continuous improvement, efficiency and growth.
- Ensure the team fully understand and comply with the ethical and quality standard set by WBA.
- Develop supplier and sourcing strategies in line with the global approach
Key requirements for this role are:
- Graduate or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years managerial experience in Beauty or/and Healthcare Sourcing / Buying or other similar roles, ideally in an MNC.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong leadership, talent development and team building skills
- Strong negotiation skills with a commercial drive.
- Be able to demonstrate impact and influencing different levels within the business.
- Clear written and spoken communication in English/Mandarin
- Practical knowledge of the healthcare/ beauty product categories and production techniques
For more information about us, please visit http://walgreensbootsalliance.com, http://www.boots.com/ and http://www.walgreens.com/
Interested parties, please send your CV with expected salary and availability.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and be used for recruitment related purpose only. All personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for 6 months for future recruitment purpose and will then be destroyed.