HSBC Software Development (Guangdong) Limited
HSBC is one of the leading banking and financial services organisations in the world. In 70 countries and territories serving around 37 million customers, we connect customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper. We help people to fulfil their hopes and dreams and realise their ambitions by providing award-winning advisory, products and services.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology provides essential operational services, IT and technical support to help HSBC function effectively and improve our customer service.
About HSBC Technology China
We develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. We develop and maintain systems for HSBC’s global businesses, as well as support functions such as Finance, HR and Risk. We work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
Our team includes software engineers and developers, architects, testers, IT and business analysts, consultants and programme and project managers, as well as team leadership and management roles. We employ people in almost all the countries and territories in which HSBC operates. Two locations of HSBC Technology China, including Guangzhou and Xi’an, are world-class technology hubs with industrial delivery capability.
Who we look for
We have exciting opportunities for highly motivated graduates and experienced professionals to join our talented IT team and ensure HSBC realises its ambition to be the world’s leading and most respected international bank. We are looking for people who are dependable, open to different ideas and cultures and enjoy being part of a team.
In return, we will help develop your skills through structured programmes, training and on-the-job experiences to meet your career ambitions. We offer comprehensive, market-competitive pay and benefits as well as programmes and plans to assist employees in building and protecting their financial security.
If you are interested in working with the teams that develop, implement and support the technology that keeps HSBC functioning effectively, we hope to hear from you.
Find out more about us in Website: http://www.hsbc.com/careers
Or Follow us on WeChat Career Account by searching “汇丰软件人才招聘”
Senior Consultant Specialist, Development --0000901A
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003005221052
You will be part of a team that will provide development of big data projects. Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead the design and implementation of the ingest framework to support big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, and managing large sets of data from sources using batch and streaming patterns from systems in the bank.
• Act as a technical design authority for the engineering team (based in Guangzhou) reporting to the Head of Data Engineering for GBDS (based in UK) to steer and oversee all engineering work locally.
• Help to shape the functional roadmap for the ingest framework and data management services in the big data platform and determine where to innovate in line with group strategy, pain points, and technology trends
• Drive innovation, technology decisions and solution design that align with Group strategies, business requirements and new technologies emerging in the big data ecosystem
• Maintain an awareness of cutting edge open source developments in big data community specifically driven by Apache and share this knowledge within the team
• Drive maturity of adoption of agile and devops methodologies and frameworks
• Work with senior engineers to review existing process covering the full SDLC to identify the improvement areas
• Contribute to solutions to improve processes whilst ensuring consistency with HSBC standards, and develop frameworks to facilitate the improvements when necessary
• Provide support to big data platform and should be able to work with the latest Hadoop frameworks
• Provide direction and mentoring to project teams and assist senior engineers / team leaders to build up a high quality culture in team
• Strong understanding of Big Data / Hadoop(dDBMS, Data Warehousing / Data Integration, Data Engineering and Data Science (awareness) and Software Development
• Bachelors/Masters degree in computer science or software engineering
• Expert knowledge of big data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Pig, Spark, Kafka)
• Experience in different programming or scripting languages (e.g. Java/Linux/C++/Python/R/Scala)
• Experience in agile development and supporting project management of complex projects
• Experience of architecting highly scalable distributed systems
• Experience of object-orientated design, coding and testing patterns
• Experience in engineering software platforms and large scale data infrastructures
• Experience of developing and deploying: data driven analytics, event driven analytics
• Proficient in designing efficient and robust data pipelines for ETL workflows
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and ability to engage with all levels and stakeholders
• Ability to work in distributed teams and collaborate with others to clarify requirements
To apply our position, please go to our career website and submit your application to the related position by search below Job Number. You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Career Website: http://www.hsbc.com/careers
Application Link: https://hsbc.taleo.net/careersection/external/moresearch.ftl?lang=en_GB
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Software Development (Guangdong) Limited.