OSM HK Limited
OSM makes awesome on-trend retail-ready products for global brands. Our services integrate consumer-driven R&D, product design, large-scale OEM production and in-store fulfilment. We specialize in consumer electronics accessories and POS displays, bags, cases, packaging.
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004996722
As a Designer, you will be part of a creative team that is responsible for designing the future of mobile accessories. You will work to translate trends into winning designs that inspire customers throughout the world. You have a passion for colours, materials and finishes and how it communicates a message about the brand. You’re highly creative, open to pushing new boundaries, work extremely well in groups, anticipate and plan ahead. You seek to inspire and be inspired.
As a Designer you must demonstrate creativity, a strong understanding of colours, materials, innovation, design leadership, multi-tasking and implementation in production. You should be a creative professional specialized in Colour and Material Design, setting the vision for the development and coordination of customer programs according to brief. You have a keen eye for aesthetics, design details and understand the mobile accessories and fashion market. You collaborate with suppliers, engineers, manufacturing and design to stretch the envelope and develop new processes and approaches.
Must possess development knowledge with a variety of materials and processes. Ability to accurately analyse colour and material issues and effectively communicate solutions. Knowledgeable of the mobile accessories market (desirable). Good communicator: written and oral, well-organized & motivated, and ability to work independently.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ideate, develop concepts and execute final design of colours, materials and finishes.
- Collaborate with customer’s designers to appropriate CMF palettes
- Specify colour, materials and finishes for exterior and interior surfaces
- Work closely with suppliers, engineering and manufacturing to implement production
- Develop supplier relationships and generate new resources for materials
- Track trends and apply the information toward advanced designs
- Design and execute trend boards and mood/inspiration boards presentation
- Contribute to the building of a materials library and implementing new processes
- Provide input into the creation/modification of product specifications in alignment with customer requirements
- Transfer of designs to manufacturing through liaison with manufacturing engineering
- Pull-in and drive application of latest materials, processes & agile methodologies
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform partner visits to development and asses the implementation of correct technology, material and applications
- Work cross functionally to develop and foster internal relations with other departments
- Investigate and manage planned roadmaps
- Travel to PRC (Dongguan, Shenzhen) as required by projects/customers
- BS/BA degree in Design/Art
- 7+ years experience
- CMF development
- Mass production experience
- Expertise and understanding of manufacturing processes and materials
- Exceptional visualization and presentation skills
- High colour acuity
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- Advanced materials and innovation is highly preferred
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team
- Design sensitivity and ability to quickly comprehend
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interface with internal design cross-functional product development teams, and suppliers
- Strong organization and analytic skills
- Excellent public presentation and interaction skills
- Client interaction
- General project management skills
- Excellent in reporting (PPT, Keynote)