A cornerstone of the West Kowloon Cultural District, M+ is Hong Kong’s new museum for visual culture, encompassing twentieth and twenty-first century art, design and architecture, and moving image from Hong Kong, China, Asia, and beyond.
Since 2012, M+ has been presenting diverse public programmes and exhibitions, and is amassing a permanent collection, in the run-up to the scheduled 2019 public opening of the museum building designed by Herzog & de Meuron with TFP Farrells and Ove Arup & Partners HK.
The M+ Pavilion, the first permanent building to be completed in WKCD, will serve as the venue for the exhibitions organised by M+ in the run up to the completion of the main M+ building in 2019.
Senior Editor (Ref: 16198)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003005146318
Employer Ref. 16198
You will be responsible for:
- ensuring the quality and timeliness of all core, public-facing texts generated for exhibitions, public programs, learning programs and website contents generated by M+;
- playing a leading role in the development, establishment, implementation, and reviewing of the M+ editorial policies and guidelines and collaborating with various M+ and WKCDA parties when necessary;
- working closely with the M+ curatorial team and WKCDA’s Marketing and Customer Experience, and Communication and Public Affairs departments to maintain the highest editorial standard for all published materials including publications and online contents;
- building and managing an editorial team that supports the development of a clear and engaging voice for M+;
- liaising with external parties including, but not limit to, designers, translators and copy-editors; and
- conducting internal writing and editorial-related trainings and workshops for M+ as necessary.
- possess a recognised university degree in English or Chinese, journalism, art history, visual-cultural studies or equivalent;
- have at least 10 years of relevant working experience as editor at a museum, or equivalent field such as journalism and publication related to art, design, or visual culture;
- have deep understanding of current international practices and trends in museum-related editorial work;
- have extensive experience in publications and contents related to exhibitions, public programs, education, and websites;
- possess proven ability to author and oversee editorial policies and guidelines for a museum;
- have proven ability to manage an editorial team in a fast-paced and quickly growing organization;
- have in-depth experience and knowledge of managing editorial processes and work flows;
- have proven experience of editorial work in the fields of visual culture such as visual art, design, architecture and cinema;
- have the ability to maintain close working relationships with the co-workers;
- be a meticulous, adaptable and creative team-worker who can work independently to manage workload and meet tight deadlines;
- be familiar with different editing software such as InDesign; and
- have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and/or Chinese.
For interested parties, please submit your application along with your CV on or before 17 April 2017 via online application or by mail quoting the reference number, name of the position, expected salary and your availability to:
Ms Agnes Chan
West Kowloon Cultural District Authority
Units 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3,
100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not being invited for interview within 4 weeks from 17 April 2017 may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
For more information
http://www.westkowloon.hk or contact
Ms Agnes Chan at 2200-0013