The West Kowloon Cultural District Authority welcomes exceptional talent with a passion to realise the vision and mission of making the West Kowloon Cultural District a prime local and international destination for arts, culture and entertainment.
We are currently recruiting the following position to join the Authority.
Senior Editor, Performing Arts (Ref: 16197)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003005146189
Employer Ref. 16197
You will be responsible for:
- formulating editorial plan for the PA venues and programmes which covers printed / online publication / documentary reaching out to the public;
- developing content development for the documentation project (printed or digital format etc.), district driven publications, covering narrative of the venues and programmes with an array of topics / scopes ranging from xiqu, theatre, dance to music and outdoor where suitable;
- working with Artistic, and Learning and Participation teams to formulate key concepts and messages and monitoring all written materials to professionally support programme promotion and information, pre-event build-up, live event reporting and post-event review;
- overseeing the design, writing, editing, proofreading and production and liaising with external parties including translators, designers and outlets;
- developing and maintaining a network of partner writers, researchers, reporters, publishers, potential partners, media channels and other interested parties in HK and abroad; and
- ensuring production of all publications or written materials are aligned with corporate branding and effectively managed within budget.
- possess a recognised university degree preferably in performing arts, cultural studies, publishing, marketing, journalism, communications, language, public affairs or equivalent;
- have at least 5 years of experience working in senior level in the field of editing or journalism, and preferably in publications related to performing arts and culture of which 3 years are in a managerial position;
- have experience in planning and executing communication strategies for projects;
- have knowledge and experience in the media field / newspaper industry and performance arts; and
- demonstrate excellent communication and writing ability, with solid grammatical and reading skills.
For interested parties, please submit your application along with your CV and provide at least 2 writing samples of published writing on or before 7 April 2017 via online application or by mail quoting the reference number, name of the position, expected salary and your availability to:
Ms Agnes Chan
West Kowloon Cultural District Authority
Units 608-613, Level 6, Core C, Cyberport 3,
100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not being invited for interview within 4 weeks from 7 April 2017 may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
For more information
http://www.westkowloon.hk or contact
Ms Agnes Chan at 2200-0013