The Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was founded by the HKSAR Government in 2000 with a mission of enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness in technology-based industries through applied research. Owing to the continuous expansion in our R&D activities, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
(The requirements and responsibilities of the vacancies are posted on our website: www.astri.org).
Senior Engineer/Engineer, Software/Firmware Design
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004916413
Employer Ref. ICDD/MEM/2076/161128
- Embedded system firmware development
- Device driver development for Linux, Windows
- Software applications development for embedded systems
- BSEE or BS Computer Engineering or equivalent education with 6+ years experience/MS or equivalent education with 3+ years experience or PhD holder in related area. Candidates with less experience will be considered for Engineer position
- Experience in embedded system firmware development
- Experience in device driver development for Linux and Windows
- Experience in SSD controller IC firmware development
- Proficiency in C, C++ Perl, python, assembly language
- Understanding of SED, NVMe, PCIe 3.0 and TCG Opal preferred
- Experience in algorithm design in Matlab/C for Data Security and Cryptography is a plus
- FPGA evaluation system prototyping, SoC IC bring-up or testing experience is a plus
- Good in Unix/Linux, and scripting skills in Perl, C-shell, and/or tcl
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than : 7 December 2016
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.