Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was founded by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in 2000 with the mission of enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness in technology-based industries through applied research.
ASTRI’s core R&D competences in various areas are organized under seven Technology Divisions, namely Communications Technologies, Electronics Components, IC Design (Analog), IC Design (Digital), Opto-electronics, Security and Data Sciences, and Software and Systems. Four areas of applications including financial technologies, intelligent manufacturing, next generation networks, and medical and health are identified for major pursuit.
Owing to the continuous expansion in our R&D activities, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
(The requirements and responsibilities of the vacancies are posted on our website: www.astri.org).
Senior Engineer, Firmware Development
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004922041
Employer Ref. EC/PACK/2049/161201
- Self-sufficient todesign and implement embedded firmware for digitally controlled power supplies;
- To work with development team to ensure the system performs according to specifications and quality requirements;
- To perform source control, organize design reviews and other engineering documentation as required;
- To conduct code reviews and drive best practices to ensure high-quality results.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related disciplines;
- 3+ years experiences in embedded firmware development or DSP application in Power supply, Inverter, UPS, etc.;
- Familiar with CAN, RS485,I2C protocol;
- Product development experience with various microcontroller/microprocessor architectures including TI C2000, Microchip dsPIC, etc.;
- Expert skill level in developing and debugging in C, C++ and Java
- Experience in DSP programming and hardware debugging for digital power supplies or power converter topologies is a plus;
- Fluent in English, good written and oral communications skills; strong team spirit and interpersonal skills.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than : 15 December 2016
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.