Time Warner Inc., a global leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks and film and TV entertainment, uses its industry-leading operating scale and brands to create, package and deliver high-quality content worldwide on a multi-platform basis.
Our operating divisions, Home Box Office, Inc., Time Warner Corporate, Turner, and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. share a dedication to light up the world’s screens with the best storytelling, across technological frontiers and geographic boundaries. They maintain unrivaled reputations as homes for creativity and excellence, with brands and leading scale that attract the best talent and ideas, and allow creative talent and journalists to realize their visions and share them with the world.
Our regional office located in Quarry Bay is currently looking for a high caliber candidate for the following opening:
Senior Engineer, Infrastructure
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004922095
SUMMARY OF DEPARTMENT
Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) provides enterprise IT services to all Time Warner businesses globally, namely Time Warner Corporate, Turner, Warner Bros. Entertainment and HBO. EIS has responsibility for the development, delivery, maintenance and support of all core, enterprise-wide IT infrastructure globally, encompassing the desktop environment, servers, networks, storage and infrastructure-based application services such as Active Directory and MS Exchange.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Based in HK, this is a regional role delivering IT infrastructure services and solutions to the TimeWarner businesses in Asia Pac. The Senior Engineer, Infrastructure is focused on replacements, upgrades and future new deployments of core infrastructure services and solutions through regular business-as-usual work and key strategic projects. The individual must be a seasoned IT professional skilled in multiple technologies, tools and products and has demonstrated such experience in their ability to support multiple systems in both a design and operational capacity. Day to day work is focused on building, deploying and supporting IT infrastructure services and systems, included but not limited to file services, system backups, MS Windows OS upgrades and other key project needs. Strategic projects such as an Enterprise storage strategy, migration to cloud services for key infrastructure components and integration of support for the broadcast infrastructure into this role. There is an operational requirement for the infrastructure servers and storage that are supported by this position in Asia Pac, which includes 24/7 support.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Responsible for design, implementation, maintenance and support of the technical infrastructure (servers, storage, telephony, and personal computing) used by Time Warner Divisional offices and bureaus in the Asia Pacific Region
- Acts as a liaison between EIS, divisional IT teams and the various business units that comprise the 24x7x365 media production environment to conduct needs analysis and to communicate project progress and resolution
- As a member of a small infrastructure team the individual may have a specific area of technical expertise in Networking, Server Administration (Unix, Windows, Macintosh), Voice Systems, Technical Security, and\or Client Systems Management but they must also demonstrate a propensity to learn and attain a basic mastery of the skills required to be an integrated member of the team that is responsible for all the areas mentioned above
- Demonstrated skill and experience providing technical support and project management in a networked computing environment is required. The successful candidate must be capable of being the lead person in establishing conference bridges in “on call” and emergency scenarios
- To act as a mentor and second level resource to other members of the infrastructure team
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in infrastructure/server/network support/CSM/Voice
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related discipline or commensurate work experience
- Fluency in English and Cantonese
- Certification for MCSE, RHCE, CCNP, ACE, ITIL or CISSP
- A seasoned and proven customer facing IT professional, with strong, demonstrable hands-on skills and experience in the infrastructure arena
- Demonstrable experience in a senior technical role
- Demonstrable hands-on experience of core infrastructure technologies, including but not limited to network, server, storage, desktop
- Demonstrable experience of solutions engineering and design
- Working in the media sector, preferably in the film/television/broadcast industry
- Significant experience of working in a large, international environment, working across cultures and time zones, preferably in a regional role
Skills / Qualities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build and sustain relationships at all levels and across cultures
- Assertive yet diplomatic
- Confident and clear written and verbal communication skills – able to translate business requirements to IT solutions
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects on time and on budget
- Self motivated, self starter
- Attention to detail and thorough
- Flexible and Adaptable – able and willing to participate in international conference calls outside of standard working hours, able to turn their hand to a range of business needs and demands
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group. All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year.