Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was founded by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in 2000 with the mission of enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness in technology-based industries through applied research.
ASTRI’s core R&D competences in various areas are organized under seven Technology Divisions, namely Communications Technologies, Electronics Components, IC Design (Analog), IC Design (Digital), Opto-electronics, Security and Data Sciences, and Software and Systems. Four areas of applications including financial technologies, intelligent manufacturing, next generation networks, and medical and health are identified for major pursuit.
Owing to the continuous expansion in our R&D activities, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
(The requirements and responsibilities of the vacancies are posted on our website: www.astri.org).
Senior Engineer, System Design
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004994938
Employer Ref. CT/BSOL/2071a-b/170112
- Participate in a team for LTE-TDD/FDD and LTE-A Terminal and base-station development;
- Implement digital signal processing for wireless communication (Layer 1 to Layer 3);
- Embedded system software design and implementation;
- Interface with algorithm designers for optimization.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Bachelor degree with 6+ years working experience; or Master degree with 3+ years working experience; or fresh PhD would also be considered. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- Familiar with modern wireless communication system, such as 5G, LTE, HSPA/WCDMA/GSM, WiMAX and etc. is a plus;
- Experiences in DSP programming is a plus;
- Experiences in embedded system programming is a plus;
- Proficiency in C is a plus.
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than : 30 January 2017
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.