Chubb Insurance Hong Kong Limited
Keen on Insuring Progress in your career?
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With both general and life insurance operations, Chubb has been present in Hong Kong for more than 90 years via acquisitions by its predecessor companies. Its general insurance operation in Hong Kong (Chubb Insurance Hong Kong Limited) is a niche and specialist general insurer. The company’s product offerings include Property, Casualty, Marine, as well as Accident & Health programs for large corporates, midsized commercial and small business customers. Over the years, it has established strong client relationships by offering responsive service, developing innovative products and providing market leadership built on financial strength.
More information can be found at www.chubb.com/hk.
Senior Financial Accountant – Financial Reporting
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004993942
To support the CFO and Finance Manager in regards to Hong Kong statutory and regulatory reporting.
Statutory and regulatory reporting
- Ensuring monthly, quarterly and annual submissions are completed accurately within the deadlines
- Manage the external audit timetable and coordinate with the rest of the Business and Finance.
- Solvency position constantly monitored and kept above minimum capital requirements.
- Preparation of information package for annual S&P re-rating exercise.
Balance Sheet Monitoring
- Quarterly balance sheet reconciliations in place and documented
- Completion of US GAAP and Local GAAP reconciliations
- Follow up of unreconciled and long outstanding/overdue items.
- Fixed Assets accounting and reporting are completed in a timely manner.
Regional and Head Office Reporting
- SOX and regional compliance requirements are completed within established deadlines.
- Regional Office and Head Office reporting requirements completed by the respective due dates.
Investment and Treasury Reporting
- Monitor cash balances and ensure effective treasury management.
- Achieve cash management goals and ensure reporting requirements are completed within established deadlines.
- Improve knowledge of financial reports and practices amongst the local finance, underwriting and claims staff by attending finance related training programs.
- Provision of information and support provided to the business departments to improve decision support.
- Results oriented, self motivated, responsible individual with high levels of integrity.
- Bachelor of Commerce/Accountancy degree/ CPA
- 5 years or more work experience in the Non Life Insurance industry preferred
- Strong oral and written English language skills
- Results oriented with ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong computer skills (AS400 System - Meridian, ERP System - PeopleSoft, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Work experience in a large multinational corporation preferred
Attractive remuneration and benefits will be offered to successful candidates. Interested parties please send your resume by mail to: 25th Floor, Shui On Centre, No. 6-8 Harbour Road, Wanchai, HK attn: Human Resources Department. or email by clicking "Apply Now". Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.