Our group is recognized as one of the leading venture capital funds in China with deep domain knowledge in the sectors of internet and consumer, healthcare, IT and clean technology. We have offices in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong and the U.S. We currently manage USD funds and RMB funds with over USD 2.7 billion in combined assets. As a result of our expansion, we are now seeking a high-caliber candidate to join us as Senior Fund Accountant reporting to the Financial Controller and supporting the finance team in Hong Kong.
SENIOR FUND ACCOUNTANT
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004919506
LEADING VENTURE CAPITAL FUND
SENIOR FUND ACCOUNTANT BASED IN HONG KONG
- Fund accounting and fund administration: help on the review of quarterly fund financial statements and investor reporting package
- Portfolio valuation based on various equity valuation methodologies for a large Qiming investment portfolio
- Annual fund audit and tax compliance: assist in the annual audit process including preparation of valuation reports on investees; work with fund tax advisor on PFIC analysis, FATCA/CRS reporting, etc.
- Portfolio monitoring: collect corporate information and financial statements from investees and perform variance analysis on performance
- Pre-investment and post-investment work: assist in pre-investment deal structuring & compliance (e.g. KYC requests) and ensure collection of complete investment documentation post-closing and review investment documents
- Assist in planning, implementing and managing changes in investment & accounting operations workflow and finance system
- Assist the finance team in other ad hoc projects in relation to fund raising, exit of portfolio companies and other fund operation matters
- A widely recognized degree in finance or accounting.
- Professional CPA qualification or passed all CPA exams. CFA candidate a further asset
- Strong technical background with at least 2-3 years of solid working experience gained from Big 4 or commercial firms
- Private equity or venture capital experience a clear advantage
- Self-motivated, organized, able to perform multi-tasks independently and work under pressure, a team player and a quick learner
- Excellent communication skills including Cantonese, English AND Mandarin