Senior High-Net-Worth Underwriting Consultant
AIA Hong Kong and Macau
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004831989
Employer Ref. 15914
Provides excellent underwriting service to High-Net-Worth (HNW) distributors, competitive and yet in the interest of the company. Maintains and builds up good relationship with distributors, direct access to/by distribution channels for effective communications. Overall management of the department’s services to the distributors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitors overall service turnaround, allocates resources to avoid back log.
- Reviews HNW underwriting guidelines from time to time, suggests opinions to streamline procedures.
- Maintains service turnaround to ensure that it falls within company benchmark.
- Works closely with Case Managers, Partnership Distributions (PD) and Private Client Services (PCS), conveys clear messages.
- Communicates with brokers/agents for better understanding.
- Relationship building with key brokers/agencies.
- Works with reinsurers to obtain best possible offers.
- Trains and coaches underwriters.
- Takes up ad-hoc assignments from direct manager.
- Assists direct manager on assigned areas in his/her absence.
- University / College graduate.
- At least 10 years relevant underwriting experience, HNW experience an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong management and people skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, Mandarin an advantage.
- Good command of presentation & problem solving skills.
- Outgoing personality, willing to work with people.
We offer an attractive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Please submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” for our processing.
About AIA Hong Kong and Macau
AIA International Limited
About AIA Hong Kong and AIA Macau
AIA Hong Kong and AIA Macau are subsidiaries of AIA Group Limited. AIA Group Limited established its operations in Hong Kong in 1931. We have more than 11,000 financial planners*, as well as an extensive network of brokerage and bancassurance partners who serve more than 1.8 million customers*. Our products range from individual life, group life, accident, medical and health, personal lines insurance to investment-linked products with numerous investment options. We are also dedicated to providing superb product solutions to meet the financial needs of high net worth customers.
* As of February 2016