jobsDB ref: JHK100003004919868
Employer Ref. 16 / SI – RS – 127W
The applicant must possess
- a recognized degree in construction-related disciplines;
- a minimum of 5 years solid experience in supervising and engaging in the construction activities on local construction sites;
- sound knowledge of the work scopes and practices of the trades engaged by the local construction workers is a must;
- sound experience in conducting compliance check;
- hands-on experience in report compilation and data analysis;
- good organization and interpersonal skills, proactive working attitude and willingness to take up responsibilities;
- high level of adaptability and ability to guide the subordinates to accomplish the assigned tasks;
- good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, preferably able to communicate in Putonghua; and
- a valid Hong Kong Driving Licence (Class 1).
(Applicants who do not possess the required qualifications and / or experience may be considered for other positions within the organisation.)
- to undertake the role and responsibilities of Authorized Officer to enforce the requirements under Construction Workers Registration Ordinance (Cap. 583);
- to plan and devise the inspection schedules and organize the operations for compliance checks;
- to supervise and conduct compliance checks through carrying out inspection visits to construction sites and examination of contractors’ submissions;
- to supervise and resolve day-to-day operation matters;
- to supervise and follow up on matters arising from compliance checks, including compilation of reports and statistics, investigation and evidence collection, taking statements and attending court hearings, where necessary;
- to take charge of devising inspection strategy, procedures, guidelines and work instructions, particularly for enforcing the requirement of the designated workers for designated skills which will take effect from 1 April 2017;
- to provide technical support and handle the relevant enquiries;
- to conduct briefings / seminars to the industry stakeholders with an aim to encouraging compliance with law requirements; and
- to carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the CIC.
The position is on a renewable fixed-term contract (subject to performance and operational needs) for a period of 2 years.
Please send an updated curriculum vitae, the results of English and Chinese Language obtained in public examinations, current and expected salary together with a covering letter stating one’s suitability for the job and quoting the job reference number (16 / SI – RS – 127W) by Apply now or by mail to the address below on or before 15 December 2016. For further details on CIC please refer to website: http://www.cic.hk.
Manager - Human Resources
Construction Industry Council
38/F, COS Centre
56 Tsun Yip Street
Kwun Tong, Kowloon
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Construction Industry Council
About Construction Industry Council