jobsDB ref: JHK100003004991775
Employer Ref. 534370/001
The ideal candidate should come from an audit / regulatory reporting background. Project management experience is essential in order to be successful for the role.
This is a one year renewable contract. For the right candidate, the business will look to convert.
- Develop and maintain a documentation framework and governance around the composition of core and local unique processes in Investment Accounting
- Ensure compliant documentation of service delivery, procedures, controls about various kind of asset classes and how they are accounted in the central sub ledger SAP FAM
- Drive standardisation and automation to the extent feasible through the issuance and implementation of IAA internal policies/ guidance across all IAA's centres of excellence
- Support the team in daily activities, for instance track changes in policies and their significance, run the close planning tool
- Establish practical guidance and "state-of-the-art" processes to ensure appropriate and timely delivery around those types of investments. Refine processes, controls, functionality and models, by identifying and applying best practices
- Prepare controls and documentation which arrive at a good quality service delivery with minimal operational risk
- Embed frameworks and desktop procedures to transport knowledge, give insights and educate IAA staff and other internal parties
- Create, review and present effective learning and training materials to ensure the required Investment Accounting related expertise is available globally
Education and Experience
- Master degree in finance, business administration or accounting designation: Chartered Accountant (CA), Association Of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in:
- practical accounting for financial instruments, sub ledger systems and its processes, and/or
- particular audit / consulting work
- Project management experience including process design and documentation in a senior role would be an asset
- Additional Education / Experience
- Advanced knowledge of almost all operational asset, risks and markets
- Good communication skills, both oral and written in English (and local language where required)
- Strong client focus, combined with analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with MS-Office products - especially MS Word, Excel
- Experience with establishing and documenting accounting processes, including collaboration with other teams and end-user
About the Client
Our Client is one of the strong insurers globally - they provide an extensive network to utilize and an excellent learning opportunity.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Robert Walters Hong Kong
About Robert Walters Hong Kong
Robert Walters is one of the world's leading global specialist recruitment consultancies. The Robert Walters brand stands for innovation, vision and leadership in the global recruitment market.
Robert Walters specialises in permanent and contract recruitment across all industry sectors and all levels of seniority, and count the world's leading investment banks, multinational blue-chip commercial organisations and innovative SMEs as clients. Our international network and global brand presence, along with our unrivalled professionalism and specialist knowledge, ensure that we offer only the highest quality of service to both our clients and candidates.
Established in London in 1985, the Group now operates across 24 countries. Robert Walters' Hong Kong office specialises in accounting & finance, banking & financial services, human resources & business support, information technology, legal & compliance, sales & marketing, as well as supply chain, logistics & procurement.
An award-winning business, Robert Walters has a proven track record of providing high quality recruitment services, and our success is further endorsed by the many awards we have won over the years.
For more information about Robert Walters Hong Kong, please visit www.robertwalters.com.hk.