Senior / Lead Data Scientist
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004835146
Employer Ref. Z10008
The successful candidate will report to the Head of eCommerce under the Chief Technology Officer unit and supervise a team of Data Scientists for our new business initiative. S/he will play an important role and have an opportunity to develop a long term data science and analytics career through working in an innovative and dynamic telecommunications company.
The role involves leveraging data, both currently available "Big Data", with various external data sources, to develop a deep, while actionable, understanding of how customer data can be used to support the telco’s Line of Businesses and partners/clients’ business priorities. The data science team focuses on emerging opportunities by drawing in new data sources, combining them with existing customer data preferences and using that combined data to derive new insights into consumers' attitudes, interests, life stages and behavior. The analysis also focuses on commercial and business level understanding, requiring propensity modeling outputs and various advanced analytics and data mining techniques, to derive meaningful patterns, distributions, or reports for clients’ actions.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging leading edge analytics and data mining to address key business issues
- Identify useful insights from various big data sources and analysis
- Develop new models (e.g. predictive, targeting, relevance engines)
- Ensure high level of accuracy, actionable insights, strategy recommendations and productivity for all output
- Ensure continuous improvement and efficiencies in workflow processes
Continuous development of advanced analytical skill set
- Develop continuously latest and relevant advanced analytics skills required to best manage and analyze digital, social and unstructured data
- Explore new technologies and create a collaborative learning and knowledge sharing environment for the team
Education level, knowledge and work/industry experience
- At least 8 years’ development (including project management) experience in working with big data and deriving analytical findings and insights for a variety of audiences.
- 3 years’ experience in digital or social data analysis/open source/web programming highly desirable
- Degree qualified in computer science, statistics, data/information science, electronic and computer engineering, or related fields
- Previous marketing experience preferred
- Knowledge of and experience within Telco market or service based industry is a plus
- Professional/ technical skills
- Working experience in ETL projects
- Data exploration and data synthesis, e.g. programming, analysis and problem solving
- Customer level modeling, e.g. propensity scores
- Skills required : Python, R, Hadoop, Spark, Hive and Linux. Working experience in SAS or SPSS tools is an advantage
- Reporting: providing user friendly output that is clear and concise. Working experience in Tableau is an advantage
- Ability to use common sense to think independently and think out of the box, strong problem solving and analytical capabilities combined with critical thinking and research capability
- Ability to work in a time critical environment and to meet deadlines
- Ability to accept and adapt to constant change and new business challenges
- Self-starter and team player, task and result orientated
- Successfully working experience as a project manager or people manager is a sure advantage
Candidate with less experience will be considered for the position of Data Scientist
If you have the desire to create an exciting and rewarding career, please send us your resume immediately, quoting the reference number, your present and expected salary via email or fax to Group Human Resources.
Fax : 2514 8607
PCCW is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment-related purposes. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer personal data policies (http://www.pccw.com/staticfiles/PCCWCorpsite/Terms%20of%20Use/Privacy%20Policy%20Statement/8.1_PCO_POL_02e_Privacy_Policy_Statement.pdf), a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to HKT