Senior Mainland Affairs Officer
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004921198
Employer Ref. YCR-F-10001145-SMAO-D
Community Relations (CR) Department’s key functions are to strategize and implement engagement plans with key community stakeholders with a view to building a comprehensive and sustainable community infrastructure which in turn facilitates smooth implementation of the Club’s initiatives and projects at the district level. CR also formulates strategies and devise action plans to help manage district affairs and ad hoc issues of the Club and the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust (The Charities Trust); and delivers volunteer services across different sectors of the community, either independently or in collaboration with other community organizations. Moreover, CR provides key input to the Club on the formulation of Mainland Charity and community strategies, and originates and executes Mainland-related charity and community projects in line with Club strategies, jointly as a team with other functional departments.
About the job
support manager to develop and execute strategic ideas and plans to enhance the Club’s charity image and profile in Mainland China
- assist to build and maintain good relationship with government departments, NGOs, and other stakeholders in Mainland China
- organize events/activities to enhance the information exchange and work relationship with partners on the Club’s Mainland initiatives; support manager to monitor progress of assigned projects
- handle general office tasks including preparing and managing correspondence, reports and documents, handling incoming mail, taking and distributing minutes of meetings, maintaining schedules and calendars, implementing and maintaining office and filing systems, collating information from various sources, maintaining databases and translating, serve as a central point for disseminating inter-departmental communication, and coordinate the flow of information externally and internally
- provide secretarial support and administrative support in project development and implementation such as filing and database maintenance, process and handle documents and correspondence, and arrange for appointments and meeting schedules
You should have:
- university degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 to 5 years' working experience preferably with exposure to government, NGOs and/or social service settings
- high level of proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese
- effective communication skills in both English and Chinese
- good knowledge of Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint, etc.
- good interpersonal and team work skills; experience of event planning and organising
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Find out more about the remarkable opportunity today. Visit our website at www.hkjc.com now.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Club's notice to employees and prospective employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. A copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to The Hong Kong Jockey Club
About The Hong Kong Jockey Club
838 unique Roles & 60 varied departments. 1 club. 1 team.
A world leading horse racing organisation. A top charitable organisation and Hong Kong's largest community contributor, donating HK$1.95 billion in 2012/13. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's single largest by far, generating over HK$17.64 billion in 2012/13 for public funds. A pioneer in technology application for sporting and betting entertainment, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A club recognised as one of Asia's most prestigious. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.