DECENT ESPRESSO INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Decent Espresso is in the final stages of R&D on the World's most advanced espresso machine. We intend to complete manufacture of the machines here in Hong Kong assembled by hand in our Tsuen Wan factory.
Decent Espresso is run by two Westerners who believe Hong Kong is the best place to source talented individuals for design and engineering partnered with its close proximity to the mainland for efficient and timely production.
Hong Kong has also seen something of a coffee revolution lately and Decent Espresso is proud to be based here and part of the drive for coffee excellence to the rest of the World.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004978172
Employer Ref. DE-ME
As Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for bringing the DE1 (prototype espresso machine) to final manufacture.
The machine needs to pass UL certification, beta testing and be designed for manufacturing in small volume (3000/year). We require a senior mechanical engineer to work alongside our senior electrical engineer and co-designer to help bring this "almost complete" prototype to market.
- R&D with our EE and Software engineers to develop new products
- Responsible for preparing Solidworks drawings of our products
- Overall responsibility moving our products out of R&D into in-house manufacturing
- Responsible for materials choices, and manufacturing methods
- Responsible for final selection of sourcing and manufacturing partners
- Creation of assembly line procedures, health and safety procedures and streamlining assembly processes.
- Prepare parts drawings, specification sheets, etc for suppliers & in-house operations
- Capable of creating mechanical drawing in both 2D and 3D
- Project follow up and budget control
- Carry out various prototyping and product testing (UL, Intertek)
- Provide technical in product development, QA/QC and production
- Research and analysis on new materials and products
- Responsible for Bill of Material section
- Advanced ability with Solidworks
- Degree holder or above in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Mechatronic Engineering
- 10 years above of practical experience in sheet metal, injection molding, plastic and metal product.
- 4 years experience in electrical appliance, especially home appliance.
- Experience designing products that pass UL/CE certification.
- Experience designing appliances that move water is a plus.
- Technical knowledge in design, material selection, and manufacturing of various electrical appliance
- Proficiency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Travel Occasionally to PRC to work with our sourcing partners
Please send in your full resume via “APPLY” button only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.