jobsDB ref: JHK100003004832390
Employer Ref. 3702090/001
This is a Senior Merchandise Manager position with one of the leading home & lifestyle brands in Hong Kong. As part of the business expansion, they are building a brand new merchandising team to enhance business opportunities.
Immediate available candidates with 10+ years merchandising experience acquired from sizeable MNC retailers highly regarded.
Our client is a premium retailer in Hong Kong looking for a Senior Merchandise Manager to join their newly created home & lifestyle team.
Reporting into the business director, you will:
- successfully manage the home & lifestyle department to deliver company sales and margin targets by planning, controlling and monitoring the purchasing, intake and distribution of merchandise
- be responsible for the home & lifestyle departmental strategies alongside the category manager and accountable for department performance, continually anticipating the customers expectations whilst developing effective working relationships with Suppliers, internal departments and the personnel management of direct reports
- take responsibility for the daily management of the merchandising teams and to develop them accordingly
- fully support and take on additional tasks for the Directors
- ensure achievement of all KPI targets for Home & Lifestyle areas against a balanced scorecard of customers, sales and profit, colleagues and operations
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- a clear understanding of how to cater for customer needs and requirements
- the ability to champion the customer and retail a customer focus through daily routines
- solid merchandise/ demand management experience, within the home & lifestyle department
- the ability to create environments where sharing ideas, issues and concerns is the norm
- the ability to champion pace, change and simplicity
- the ability to lead and motivate an ambitious and changing team
- the ability to gain feedback from colleague and customers
- the ability to deliver increased sales and profit growth through sound business knowledge and retail experience
- analytical thinking - manage multiple data sources and make the appropriate decisions for sales, stock
This is a newly created position with one of the home-grown brands, competitive package will be offered to attract the best merchandising calibre in town.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Christina Lau on +852 2848 4779
About Michael Page
As part of PageGroup, Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers. PageGroup operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing jobseekers and employers together for more than 30 years. London listed, we opened our first Asian office in Hong Kong in 1994 and currently we have offices in all major business hubs across the APAC region, including Australia, Singapore, Tokyo, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Pudong and Suzhou.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.michaelpage.com.hk