Senior Merchandiser, Knit/Intimates/Performance/Sweater/Woven
Gap International Sourcing Ltd
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004997255
The Senior Merchandiser Vendor Development (VM) will be responsible for execution of vendor development strategy, production activities at the vendor and facility level. S/he would be responsible of tracking the processes and timely delivery to meet the RDC & the quality expectations. S/he would additionally work to ensure that all commercial decisions and standards are met.
- Train vendors on conducting capacity planning using SAM/SEU. Perform capacity monitoring on a regular basis.
- Support and drive lean initiatives (e.g. workflow, line layout, combining operations)/deployment plan with our strategic vendors
- Support establishing efficiency baseline/man-machine ratios and guide vendors to achieve their longer term strategic targets
- Continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures
- Execute strategic key vendor development strategy as requested by Hub including management of new vendor onboarding
- Manage number of vendor facilities and new approvals
- Work with Technical, QA and Mill management team to ensure all commercial decision and standards are met
- Partner with Mill management, QA and technical teams to resolve fabric or quality issues
- Manage bulk production tracking processes to meet RDC expectations
- Track & manage embargo alert to ensure timely delivery with quality products
- Ensure fabric is up to standard and make sure they have gone through proper testing (WWD/P/S not applicable)
- Negotiate with factories on major/critical order/production details, such as delivery date.
- Facilitate Merchandiser to solve order tracking problems.
- Be sensitive and alert proactively on high risk potential order problem to ensure production on track through regular production meeting and cc mail.
- Provide recommendation on claim settlement options
- Travel to vendor and factory locations to resolve production issues
- Resolve issues within a timely manner while working to continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures
- Review and evaluate vendor performance
- Higher Diploma or above in textile, merchandising, supply chain management, or related discipline with 7 years of experience in factory management and factory development
- Experience in sample development and with offshore production exposure is preferable
- Proficient knowledge of manufacturing processes and innovative production management systems to influence vendor production efficiency
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop others
- Strong planning and negotiation skills including the ability to influence at all levels
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good written & spoken English
- Working experience in sizable garment buying office or trading company
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Flexibility to travel to vendor and factory locations as required
Interested in this role or in joining another part of the Gap Inc. Global Supply Chain Team? Visit our careers website https://gapinternationalsourcing.catsone.com/careers/
Gap Inc. Endless opportunity to amplify your career.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Any personal information collected relating to employment applications will be used for recruitment purposes only.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Gap International Sourcing Ltd
About Gap International Sourcing Ltd
About Gap Inc.’s Global Supply Chain & Product Operations
From cotton to customer, our Global Supply Chain and Product Operations organization is comprised of over 7,000 employees who source, make, and deliver Gap Inc.’s iconic American style. Our five brands – Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Athleta and Intermix – retail in more than 90 countries across multiple channels including online, stores, outlet and franchise. Fiscal year 2014 net sales were 16.4 billion. As consumers continue to reinvent the interaction between customer and brand, Gap Inc. is transforming the way we bring product to market to better serve our technology-savvy, product obsessed, value conscious global customer base. From innovating at the component level with our factory and mill partners to driving new technological capabilities in merchandise and inventory planning, and developing a fast, flexible logistics and fulfillment network, Global Supply Chain and Product Operations is the heartbeat of Gap Inc.’s enterprise-wide evolution.