To cope with our expansion, we invite high caliber to join our sourcing team based in Hong Kong for following position:
Senior Merchandising Manager
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004831894
- Develop the strategic sourcing planning and lead the merchandising teams to ensure all orders are properly follow through from sampling to production and final on-time delivery that in line with company’s profit margin / quality objectives;
Monitor the whole sourcing process from factory sourcing, fabric development, capacity planning, costing analysis, sample follow-up, order allocation, vendor management and production planning;
- Investigate and aware of the market trend, fashion knowledge updates, competitor’s activities and price movement;
- Act as a problem shooter and work closely with overseas counterparts, vendors, production team and the Q.A. team to trouble-shoot for development and production issue;
- Explore new vendors and new technology to achieve good quality products at better prices;
- Ensure vendors and mills are well trained to meet the company procedures, quality requirements and social compliance standards.
- Degree holder in merchandising, fashion, textile/clothing or related discipline is preferred;
- At least 12 years’ relevant sourcing experience in MNC apparel industry with minimum 6 years at managerial position;
- Solid experience in garment sourcing background with strong business acumen;
- Strong sense on Men’s fashion - preferable European Brand and / or Retail Experience;
- With extensive knowledge on supplier networking and solid understanding of suppliers’ capabilities;
- Strong product knowledge in Men’s Woven, knit & sweater and good understanding of merchandising and manufacturing flows;
- Good negotiation and communication skills;
- Excellent command of spoken English and Mandarin;
- Willing to frequent travel to off-shore countries. e.g. Bangladesh, Pakistan, Vietnam, Cambodia, China and etc
We offer 5-day week to the right candidate.
All information provided will be used for recruitment and employment purpose only. For correction of or access to personal data, please contact Human Resources Department. It is our policy to retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for recruitment purposes for a period of 12 months. Information of unsuccessful candidate will be destroyed.
Interested candidates, please contact us at 93160599 for enquiry.