Senior Merchandising Manager (Luxury Fashion)
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004834778
Employer Ref. ANSX-413114
- Able to manage and control all merchandising functions including sourcing, production, technical, and quality of specific company accounts.
- This role will require extensive travel (more than 50% of the time), to various manufacturing facilities around the world
- The candidate will be responsible for managing the merchandising activities of assigned clients, focused product development and marketing functions.
- Good product knowledge, costing techniques, vendor development, and liaison with buyer and coordination with production plants for timely delivery of shipment.
- Should have hands on knowledge of latest technology in the apparel manufacturing and should be well tuned with the fashion industry
- Independent with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, should be a team player able to handle and guide team
- Trains, motives and develops a merchandising team members with leadership and performance management with highest ethical standards as set by the board of directors.
- Works hand-in-hand with Production to manage the fit process; balances aesthetic with quality standards and fit specifications of each product to meet the production target.
- At least 5 years of experience with in-depth exposure to high fashion in both men's and ladieswear.
- Good Product knowledge, effective presentation and negotiation skills: Smart, intelligent, fun, goal orientated, and driven by Integrity.
- Strong understanding of garment manufacturing, production, machinery and processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Handle the production related issues buyers, factories and head office independently.
- You must be self-driven and confident with strong leadership skills.
- Living and designing a life that is uniquely your own via goal setting and personal responsibility
- Able to communicate in English, Cantonese and Mandarin is essential. Additional languages would be an asset.
- Strong textile background in both luxury fabrics and technical fabric
- Effective communication & negotiating skills
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to ConnectedGroup Limited
About ConnectedGroup Limited
ConnectedGroup is an executive search and recruitment firm with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and China. We work across a number of industry sectors providing cross-functional recruitment. Our specialisms are Financial Services, Legal, Technology Transformation, Strategy and Change, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Supply Chain/Sourcing, Industrial, Consumer and Retail/Luxury Goods, Hospitality, Corporate Functions/Administration (HR/Finance/Accounting/Support).
All information is used for recruitment purposes only. Although we endeavour to respond to every applicant this may not always be possible so if you receive no response within 60 days, please consider your application for this specific vacancy to be unsuccessful. We will contact you with the next vacancy that matches your profile.