DGA (UK) Ltd
DGA Hong Kong is the regional office of DGA UK Ltd. This regional, national and international consultancy provides a wide variety of construction commercial and programming services across all sectors of the industry serving contractors, sub-contractors, employers, suppliers, advisors, local & central government departments, financiers and investors alike. The company employs over 80 senior commercial and programming consultants worldwide.
Senior Planning / Programming Consultant (Delay Analysis)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004832131
The successful candidate will form part of an integral team delivering Delay Analysis commissions for key clients within Hong Kong and the Asia Pacific Region.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced Planner (10+ year’s experience) with understanding of delay analysis and have well-rounded knowledge of the planning role.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate understanding of the various principles of delay analysis and ability to communicate and utilise this in client facing situations.
In addition the candidate must be flexible with a ‘Can do attitude’.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ability to work with any methodology independently and deploy the most appropriate methodology to best effect whilst identifying and assessing delay.
- Be able to perform both retrospective and prospective type of analysis.
- Demonstrate ability of personally drafting and delivering construction delay analysis reports for construction contractors, solicitors and / or other clients from determining cause and effect through to report writing substantiated by supporting documents and preparing delay analysis report.
- Perform critical path analysis of schedules whilst determining presence of concurrent delay & consequent disruption etc.
- Production rate analysis and work cycle analysis to demonstrate entitlement to EoT, drafting of claim and negotiation strategy.
- Review and critique Construction Programmes and their up-dates.
- Candidates should possess strong analytical, communication skills with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Possess an excellent working knowledge of the use of Primavera P6 and some knowledge of MS Project and be able to undertake detailed delay analysis.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Overall experience in the following key areas:
Commercial & Industrial projects
- Exposure to expert witness work would be an advantage but not essential
- Hold a degree or equivalent qualification relevant to the construction industry
- Working towards or hold a Chartered membership to a professional body
- Fluent written and spoken English and Cantonese is required
Competitive salary, structured bonus and private healthcare.