DICK'S Sporting Goods, Inc. is an authentic full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear in a specialty store environment. The Company also owns Golf Galaxy, Inc., a multi-channel golf specialty retailer, True Runner, a new running store bringing runners the best in footwear, apparel, accessories and service, e-commerce websites and catalog operations.
Our Hong Kong office is now looking for high caliber candidate to fill the following open position:
Senior Product Engineer (Quality Assurance - Hardlines)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004998567
Primarily responsible for executing the internal quality policy on product conformance to the US Federal Law, through structural design evaluation, product testing, and quality assurance of related hardlines products.
- Works closely with 3rd party testing service providers, vendors, merchandising and Product Development teams to ensure that activities include factory evaluation, new program development, product design evaluation, production control, testing, resolve quality and safety issues;
- Assist in developing product protocols or product specification on hardlines items, diagnoses production problems and works with factory personnel to develop alternatives and solutions, monitors quality, product specifications and product safety;
- Assist to execute the product Random Check Program (if necessary);
- Supports superior in managing product integrity and compliance with product standards;
- Provides inputs to superior on testing trend and recalls;
- Performs any ad-hoc tasks/projects as assigned by the superior.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline;
- At least 5 years’ of hardlines experiences in manufacturing industry, MNC buying office experience is desirable;
- Familiar with US Federal requirements on child/adults sport products;
- Knowledge on performance criteria of outdoor/sporting goods is highly preferred;
- Proficient in MS office;
- Good communication, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, Mandarin preferred;
- Occasional travels to factories as needed.
Interested parties, please click the 'APPLY NOW' button for application. All information received will be used for recruitment purposes only.