Senior Quantity Surveyor - Temporary 12-month (NPA F 10001922- SQST- J)
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004833768
Employer Ref. NPA-F-10001922- SQST- J
The Supply Chain and Administration Department is looking for a committed and self-motivated individual to join its Supply Chain Section.
- support the estimating function with asset specific, estimates, cost data and benchmarking
- review quality, robustness and accuracy of deliverables produced by external parties to improve the reliability of information
- advice the most appropriate way, in the area of procurement/ contract/ tendering/ package strategies, to secure the Club’s project/ protect the Club’s best interests
- deliver internal reporting and work closely across other functions such as Property, Finance and other functional departments
- manage the appointment and performance of the QS consultants and contractors
- prepare and review budget estimations for projects at gateways across the end to end process to provide indication of outturn cost
- review funding approval papers to secure investment in the property portfolio
- set up and maintain cost data analysis and benchmarking information
- be aware of Life Cycle Costing model and to ensure that it is being implemented to projects if appropriate
- continuously improve the in-house capability and knowledge
- analyse the market trend and provide advise to the Club on the strategies in procuring projects
You Should have:
- university degree in Quantity Surveying or related disciplines
- min. 8 years relevant experiences, preferably with hands-on experience in dealing with clients, consultants or contractors
- professional qualifications of HKIS, RICS, Cost Engineer, etc.
- proven track record in working on major projects/ programmes of work
- excellent interpersonal skills
- high level of independence
- knowledge and access to the leading construction and property practices across a range of asset types
- capability to develop and lead training plans
- good command of verbal and written English and Chinese. Mandarin is an advantage
* Immediate availability is a definite advantage.
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A 12-month temporary employment will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Please fax/mail your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to:
Email: Please click "Apply Now" at below
Mail: The Human Resources Department
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
1 Sports Road, Happy Valley
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to The Hong Kong Jockey Club
About The Hong Kong Jockey Club
Employer Ref.NPA-F-10001922- SQST- J
838 unique Roles & 60 varied departments. 1 club. 1 team. Remarkable Careers
A world leading horse racing organisation. A top charitable organisation and Hong Kong's largest community contributor, donating HK$1.95 billion in 2012/13. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's single largest by far, generating over HK$17.64 billion in 2012/13 for public funds. A pioneer in technology application for sporting and betting entertainment, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A club recognised as one of Asia's most prestigious. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.