The mission of the Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) is to promote productivity excellence for industry to enhance competitiveness and sustainability through a bundle of strategies including collaboration with stakeholders, focus on areas of excellence and scaling up productivity enhancement platforms.
Senior R&D Manager (Smart Mobility) (Automotive Parts & Accessory Systems R&D Centre)
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004920144
Employer Ref. AED173/JDB/141216
- Lead and build the team to conduct R&D activities in smart mobility technology, including autonomous driving, vehicle to X and advance technology to enhance driving experience and safety
- Lead the roadmap development of the Automotive Parts & Accessory Systems R&D Centre, and identify related technology and products suitable for auto industry application and turn them into project opportunities
- Initiate and drive R&D projects in smart mobility and set up milestone plans for implementation, and provide solutions
- Contribute to the core technology know-how and expand the team’s core competencies in smart mobility
- Oversee the overall project management in accordance with corporate policies and requirements of Innovation & Technology Commission (ITC), and give regular reports to the management and ITC
- Conduct technology transfer of R&D results to production and provide coaching to clients and industry players
- Bachelor Degree from the engineering disciplines, such as electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent with 8 years’ relevant experience or above, and advanced degree holders preferred
- Solid and sound R&D experience in electric vehicle related technologies required
- Product development experience in automotive industry and smart mobility technology a must
- Sound relationship with industry, trade associations and research institutes/ professional institutions in Hong Kong, Mainland and overseas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, leadership skills, self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by clicking "Apply Now" (quoting the reference number on the subject heading) on or before 14 December 2016.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.