Harmonic is a leading provider of video delivery solutions to broadcast, cable, satellite, Internet, mobile and telco video service providers worldwide.
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is headquartered in San Jose, California. The Company’s customers, including many of the world’s largest communications providers, deliver services in virtually every country.
Visit www.harmonicinc.com for more information.
Senior / Software Development Engineer
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004922373
- Core Software Developer Role
- Cloud based projects
- Fresh graduates to experienced candidates will also be considered
We are seeking passionate and ambitious software engineers to expand our award-winning development team. Successful candidates will be responsible for building innovative product within Harmonic’s comprehensive portfolio of video and media products and Cloud-based services.
The positions involve conception and development of next-generation flagship products, services and systems for Harmonic’s New Media initiave. Successful candidates for this position will be exposed to and learn about internet video, mobile live streaming and digital video content preparation and delivery to TVs, PC, iPads and all other video-enabled devices within the context of cutting-edge technologies and techniques.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Implement robust and scalable software-based products and solutions
- Deliver high-quality work within committed project schedules
- Research new technologies, techniques and 3rd party frameworks
- Travel to other R&D sites in the US and Europe may be required.
Skills & Qualifications :
- Belief in excellence:
- Strong passion for providing top quality product to customers
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to rapidly implement new ideas
- Proactive problem solver
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Ambition to challenge the best engineers in the world
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Solid Object Oriented programming skills in one of Java, C++, C#, Python, or other language
- Fast learner – can quickly pick up new skills as required
- Strong sense of commitment and responsibility
- Good team player
- Willingness to accept new challenges
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to learn & gain real-world experience in:
- Framework & control-path development
- Data management: SQL, NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB), BigData, data analytics
- Middleware: SOA, RESTful interfaces, etc.
- Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, Rackspace, Eucalyptus)
- Media processing: HEVC, H.264, MPEG2, MVC
- Scalable, highly available mission-critical distributed systems
- Complete software development lifecycle, including AGILE practices and development tools
- University bachelors, degree, master degree, PhD or D.Phil in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related disciplines from a top-tier university.
- Document we need :
- Your resume
- Your university transcript
This will help us to understand where your strength is so as to better match you to the respective project and team.
- Apart from promising career prospects, we do have attractive remuneration package for you, including but not limited to 5-day work week, Group Life & Medical Insurance, MPF, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and a wonderful working environment, etc..
*** Come join us now! ***
Harmonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and for recruitment purpose only.