Senior Software Engineer (Betting Systems)
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004833649
Employer Ref. ISB-F-10055026-SSE/BS-D
Our IT Strategic Business Solution Department (Betting Systems) of IT and Sustainability Division provides product development and software service to support the Club’s betting core system. We also maintain alignment between user requests and IT service delivery. We are looking for high calibre individual to join the team.
- Provide effort estimates for software development activities and report progress
- Participate in the translation of business requirements into functional and technical designs in accordance with architectural and PDLC standards
- Prepare and provide inclusions to feasibility, functional, and design specification documents
- Undertake software construction using set programming languages and database management systems.
- Prepare unit test plans and conduct testing activities.
- Participate in walkthroughs and reviews of the design and construction phases of solution development.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Provide on-site support on system implementation and critical event.
You should have:
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 6-10 years’ experience in software development.
- Sound analytical and application software construction skills
- Good understanding of systems design in complex technical environments
- Solid software development experience on large scale system with frameworks
- Extensive experience in C++, C#, SQL, Crystal report, TCP/IP, socket, RPC, and asynchronous or multi-thread programming
- Ability to take up new knowledge and technology fast.
- Relevant software development experience in OLTP and backend development.
- Strong sense of responsibility and self-motivated.
- Basic understanding of ITIL and CMMI processes and work products.
- English and Putonghua proficiency
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to The Hong Kong Jockey Club
About The Hong Kong Jockey Club
838 unique Roles & 60 varied departments. 1 club. 1 team
A world-class horse racing operator. A top charitable organisation and Hong Kong’s largest community contributor, donating HK$3.87 billion in 2014/15. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's largest single by far, generating a record HK$20.05 billion in 2014/15 for public funds. A pioneer in technology application for sporting and betting entertainment, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A club recognised as one of Asia’s most prestigious. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you remarkable career opportunities with unparalleled prospects for future growth and development.