Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was founded by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in 2000 with the mission of enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness in technology-based industries through applied research.
ASTRI's core R&D competences in various areas are organized under seven Technology Divisions, namely Communications Technologies, Electronics Components, IC Design (Analog), IC Design (Digital), Opto-electronics, Security and Data Sciences, and Software and Systems. Four areas of applications including financial technologies, intelligent manufacturing, next generation networks, and medical and health are identified for major pursuit.
Owing to the continuous expansion in our R&D activities, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
(The requirements and responsibilities of the vacancies are posted on our website:www.astri.org).
Senior software engineer, GUI design
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004921982
Employer Ref. SNDS/CSEC/1993/161201
Ref. No.: SNDS/CSEC/1993/161201
- Design, implement, test, and document software design for security research platform
- Develop Graphical User Interface (GUI) and Web Application for security research platform;
- Generate software design document and testing procedures for data analysis;
- Review detailed feature requirements, system architecture documents, and test specifications;
- Follow the software engineering process to generate high-quality software modules/products.
Server setup may be required.
- Bachelor degree or above in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with more than 3 years of work experience. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer.
- Familiar with networking protocols
- Web Application development using PHP, Python
- Familiar with database development with MySQL and GUI development
- Strong team working spirits and good analytical thinking;
Good communication skills
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) by clicking APPLY NOW or no later than 15 December 2016.
5/F,Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin,Hong Kong
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.