Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was founded by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in 2000 with the mission of enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness in technology-based industries through applied research.
ASTRI’s core R&D competences in various areas are organized under seven Technology Divisions, namely Communications Technologies, Electronics Components, IC Design (Analog), IC Design (Digital), Opto-electronics, Security and Data Sciences, and Software and Systems. Four areas of applications including financial technologies, intelligent manufacturing, next generation networks, and medical and health are identified for major pursuit.
Owing to the continuous expansion in our R&D activities, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
(The requirements and responsibilities of the vacancies are posted on our website: www.astri.org).
Senior Software Engineer / Software Engineer, Applied Cryptography
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004921972
Employer Ref. SNDS/ASL/1991/161201
- To design and develop cryptographic protocols and schemes
- To design, analyze and implement cryptographic systems and related systems such as blockchain
- To study the latest cryptographic algorithms and protocols
- Master degree in computer science, electronic engineering or other relevant disciplines with 3+ years experience; less experience for PhD holders.
- Experience on cryptographic system design and cryptanalysis
- Deep knowledge on number theory and security proofs
- Hands-on experience with C/C++ and Java
- Preferably having experiences on using cryptographic libraries such as OpenSSL, MIRACL, PBC, etc.
- Experience on developing cloud computing systems an advantage, but not a must
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Good command of both written and spoken English
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than: 15 December 2016
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.