Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) was founded by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in 2000 with the mission of enhancing Hong Kong’s competitiveness in technology-based industries through applied research.
ASTRI’s core R&D competences in various areas are organized under seven Technology Divisions, namely Communications Technologies, Electronics Components, IC Design (Analog), IC Design (Digital), Opto-electronics, Security and Data Sciences, and Software and Systems. Four areas of applications including financial technologies, intelligent manufacturing, next generation networks, and medical and health are identified for major pursuit.
Owing to the continuous expansion in our R&D activities, we are seeking qualified professionals to fill the following position(s):
(The requirements and responsibilities of the vacancies are posted on our website: www.astri.org).
Senior Software Engineer/Software Engineer, Machine Vision
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004922214
Employer Ref. OE/MTECH/2054/161201
- Develop algorithms/software for the projects, e.g. segmentation, alignment, detection, etc.
- Develop software application, including design, coding, debugging, testing, documentation, etc.
- System integration of different modules (SW, HW, etc.) and system testing
- Other related tasks on demand
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Electronic Engineering/Information Engineering/Mathematics/Physics or related fields with 6+ years’ experience, or Master’s Degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PhD holder in related area. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineer
- Good understanding on image processing and computer vision technology
- Experience in OpenCV is preferred
- Good at coding (C++/one of script language) and passion in developing programme; knowledge in Git version control
- Fast learner and passion in learning new technology
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms with a competitive salary and performance-linked variable pay. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, insurance coverage and contribution to MPF. The incumbent will normally work under a five-day week schedule.
Interested candidates should send application (quoting Ref. No.) with detailed resume and, current and expected salary to the HR Department by email (preferable) or post no later than : 15 December 2016
Post: 5/F, Photonics Centre, 2 Science Park East Avenue,
Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.