The Triumph Group is one of the world’s largest intimate apparel companies. It enjoys a presence in over 120 countries with the core brands Triumph® and sloggi®. Globally, the company serves 40,000 wholesale customers and sells its products in 2,000 Triumph Stores as well as via several own online shops. The Triumph Group employs more than 30,000 people and achieves revenues of Euro 1.437 billion (2014). It is a member of both the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) and the Global Social Compliance Programme (GSCP).
Triumph International has brought about this success from humble beginnings: Exactly 125 years ago, a classic corset factory with just six sewing machines and six employees was set up in a barn in the Württemberg region of southern Germany. The founding fathers of the trademark Triumph, Mr Spiesshofer and Mr Braun, registered in 1902 and extended to the company name of Triumph International in 1953, recognized early on that just like outerwear, underwear is the reflection of an attitude towards life. The constant development of new materials and manufacturing processes soon made soft, comfortable lingerie in fashionable forms, colours and cuts possible. True to its philosophy, "Triumph - Dedicated to Women’s Lives”, which still holds true today,Triumph quickly became a pioneer in the transformation of the shaping corset into luxurious and seductive lingerie.
The company takes its environmental and ethical responsibilities as seriously as the brands’ fashionable designs and exacting quality requirements. Triumph products are manufactured in high-tech production plants using environmentally friendly and energy-saving production methods and the most modern and environmentally certified materials. Ethical guidelines to the highest international standards indicate the company's sense of responsibility beyond the product itself and ensure an important contribution to the creation of socially desirable, long-term jobs as well as to sustainable economic development, particularly in disadvantaged regions.
This global corporation is one of the few companies in the apparel industry that still remains family owned. The headquarters of the group’s holding company is in Bad Zurzach, Switzerland. Other important business centres are located in Heubach and Munich (both in Germany) and in Hong Kong.
We are searching for highly skilled and motivated individual to join our team:
Senior Sourcing Specialist - Textile Production
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004918284
The Triumph Group is one of the world’s largest intimate apparel companies. It enjoys a presence in over 120 countries with the core brands Triumph® and sloggi®. Globally, the company serves 40,000 wholesale customers and sells its products in 2,000 Triumph Stores as well as via several own online shops. The Triumph Group employs more than 30,000 people and achieves revenues of Euro 1.437 billion (2014). It is a member of both the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) and the Global Social Compliance Programme (GSCP)
Purpose of the job
Manage the local team in order to expedite the production and technical support for finished goods vendors’ from pre- production to final inspection.
Oversee day to day schedule planning and prioritization of workload
Oversee the in country team
- Handling all pre-production issue including Pre-Production meeting/ seal sample and comment clarify with all stakeholders regarding all technical product related and Functions from sample approval by business units, GS Sourcing Team
- Assure that all technical/product design input with business unit are well defined before production start
- Help to secure the main material are up to approved standard if applicable
- Clarify the packing with production follow up team if necessary in pre-production status
- Check the status and documented all inline quality issue and provide technical support and immediate corrective plan for unsatisfactory WIP. Align and provide clear standard guideline with business unit and CQA for final inspection if needed
- Providing technical input and assistance to the operational Product Development team and supplier when necessary for long-running items and identifying and escalating high risk, high complex products and late high submission approvals to ensure special handling for development team
- Value and Product Engineering to support cost competitiveness regarding production friendly and efficiency consideration
- Provide technical support if necessary during bulk Order in regards to commercial quality approval remediation and/or special supplier follow-up or issue resolution during bulk production.
- Support and/or manage any other GS projects when applicable
- Support and provide general production status of vendor in term of line daily output and production capacity if applicable.
- Provide local leadership and vendor relationship management
- 5-10 years working experience in buying/sourcing and production of underwear/lingerie/homewear
- Good knowledge of home wear development, specifications and construction/ fitting
- Knowledge of fabric/trims and home wear production
- Analytical ability and understand the costing of product
- Detail oriented yet understanding the big picture
- Responsible and understanding financial impact of position/decisions.
- Willing and used to work under pressure, deadlines and constant changes
- Good computer skills;
- Fluent in English and Mandarin is a must.
- 60% travelling is required for this role
- Supporting vendors when problems arise at manufacturing side
- Team management experience
- Ability to work across multiple product lines and deadlines at same time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; effectively communicates with all levels of organization – internal and external.
- Team work and Result oriented