Walgreens Boots Alliance is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise in the world. Our purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014. This transaction brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted healthcare services through pharmaceutical wholesaling and community pharmacy care, dating back more than 100 years.
The Company, with a presence in more than 25 countries, employs over 370,000 people and is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination in the USA and Europe, and South America, middle East and Asia (including equity method investments).
The Global Sourcing Head Office is located in Hong Kong for our retail pharmacy brands .
To support the strategic growth of the business, we are always looking for high calibre individuals to join Walgreens Boots Alliance. (http://www.walgreensbootsalliance.com/ http://www.boots.com/ http://www.walgreens.com/)
Senior Technologist - Formulation
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004831421
Being strategic leading role in the Bath, Body, Hair and Electrical Beauty team, the major focus of this role are product technical standards development, supplier development and project delivery for international markets.
Responsibilities & Specific Accountabilities include:
- Ensure all safety, legislative and technical requirements are fully understood by key stakeholders during product development and prior to production on bathing, washing, and hair products
- Review and interpret technical standards, develop process to ensure effective deployment of relevant standards and quality assurance activities
- Manage supplier’s performance by assessing and reviewing supplier’s capability in meeting defined technical standards and delivery performance.
- Carry out product assessment(i.e. testing) and verify compliance of products and associated documents comply with regulatory and corporate requirements
- Ensure projects are delivered adhering to critical path
- Monitor production and shipment quality and manage post-delivery quality issues
- Participate in product risk assessment, communicate potential risk/issue and monitor product quality continuous improvement plan
Key Position Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experiences in technical areas i.e. quality control/quality assurance or manufacturing, health and formulation related beauty industry is preferred
- Previous exposure to formulation development and appreciation of technical standard and regulatory requirement in cosmetic is highly preferred
- Tertiary qualifications in Chemistry/Chemical Technology/ Science
- Proven Microsoft Office skills, including analysis and the understanding of statistical principles
- Excellent in written and verbal communication in both English and Chinese
- Attention to details, problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at different backgrounds
- Team player and able to work under pressure
- Candidate with less experience may be considered as Technologist
- Immediate available will be considered first
Interested parties, please send your CV with expected salary and availability.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and be used for recruitment related purpose only. All personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for 6 months for future recruitment purpose and will then be destroyed.