jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004833870
SDL is a global company with over 70 offices across North America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Our headquarters are in Maidenhead, UK, and we are a publicly traded company on the London stock exchange (symbol "SDL").
Our role in the world is to help companies ensure that their message (and hence their brand) is delivered consistently across the world in any language. We also help companies to accelerate the time it takes them to deliver new product to market by ensuring that all content is delivered efficiently, at low cost and with high quality into any required languages.
We call this process “Global Information Management” (ie: the management of delivering all corporate information to a global audience). It is an essential business strategy that companies must adopt in order to meet the exponentially increasing requirements of language - involving people, processes and technology.
SDL offers a range of products and services to the market. These include:
- Enterprise technology that allows global corporations to author content for a global audience with a consistent terminology and an efficient translation process using centralised on-demand translation management services.
- Desktop technology used by over 80% of the world's professional translators
- True global web content management allowing corporations to build and maintain multi-lingual content across multi-site webs
- The largest internal network of professional translators to assist corporations in translating content into any language
- Knowledge-based translation services using a combination of automated translation and human editing to deliver multilingual content at up to 50% faster and 40% lower costs than traditional translation services.
Our company profile:
- Publicly traded company with $400m annual revenues
- Over 2,700 employees in 70 offices across 38 countries
- World-leading innovative technology
- Award-winning and profitable company, with long-term financial stability
- 80%+ of the global translation supply chain use SDL software
- 1500+ enterprise customers; 185,000 desktop software licenses worldwide
- Extensive partner network with 400 partners
We have a wide range of customers that use our technology and services ranging from consumers to small businesses and large global enterprises such as Best Western, Canon, CNH, Dell, Emirates, HP, Intel, Microsoft, Philips, salesforce.com, Sony, Virgin Atlantic.
- Translation from English to HK Chinese and vice versa for different subjects, such as IT, Finance, Marketing and so on.
- Planning and managing large translation projects,acting as Lead translator.
- Communicate with internal sales divisions and external freelancers/vendors for job arrangements, make proper plan to make on time delivery.
- Providing full linguistic support for project managers on projects.
- Control the translation quality.
- Communication with client reviewer and handled quality complaints.
- Cost and project margin control.
- Provide training to all team members on project-specific translation requirements, the localization process,tools,etc.
- Hongkong Native speaker ( must)
- Very good English skills for both oral and written
- Has over 5 years proven translation work experience ,good written translation ability and skills
- Good communication skills with project management experience can be a plus
- Over 2 years team management experiences.
- Familiar with the translation tools like SDLX , Trados and so on can be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or above, major in English or translation related is preferential
- Live and Study abroad in English speaking countries can be a plus
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to SDL Software Technology (Shenzhen) Co Ltd
Yr(s) of Exp
HK$14,000 - 20,000 /month (negotiable)
Five-day work week