MVA is Systra Group company and a leading international transport planning, traffic engineering, management and research consultancy practice. A diverse group of results-oriented people, we are part of a strong team of over 500 professionals worldwide. Through client business planning, customer research and strategy development, we create solutions that work for real people in the real world.
MVA operates in Asia through its regional headquarters in Hong Kong (since 1978), together with a network of local offices in Beijing, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Singapore, Bangkok and project office in Vietnam.
We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced transport modellers/traffic engineer based in our Bangkok office
Senior Transport modeller
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004992878
- Degree in Transportation Planning/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computing, Geography or equivalent (MSc/MEng in an appropriate discipline would be desirable but not essential)
- More than 5-year experience in travel demand modelling and forecasting
- Experience in the use of CUBE and good analytical skill in MS Excel/Access are essential (GIS expertise i.e. MAPINFO will be advantage)
- Experience in developing highway and/or public transport models
- Good technical writing and presentation skills (be able to communicate in English will be advantage)
- Thai nationality (preferred but not limited to)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the team under minimum supervision
- Self-motivated and ambitious for continued professional development
- Able to travel and work in other MVA offices
- To lead and manage the modelling tasks/projects i.e. survey design/planning and data analysis, model development/calibration, validation and forecasting
- Checking and analysis of model outputs reasonableness and developing and testing schemes
- Training/supervision less experienced or junior staff
- Writing technical task/report and supporting the preparation of proposal as required
We offer 5-day work week, 15 days annual leave and competitive remuneration package to the right candidate. Interested parties who are confident of fulfilling the above requirements please click "Apply Now" to send us your most recent CV, detailing academic profile and work experiences, as well as current and expected salary packages.
For more details on MVA, please check our website at www.mvaasia.com
**Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.