Senior Underwriter / Underwriter, Accident & Health
QBE Hongkong & Shanghai Insurance Limited
jobsDB ref: JHK100003004837506
Responsible for both top and bottom line for the A&H product (group and individual) assigned
Identify product and channel development opportunities
Product development including new and revamping of r products. From establishing a business case to support product development, design, wording and pricing
Providing training and sales support to distributions
Prepare product portfolio progress report
Involved in the development of business strategies
Input on existing underwriting guidelines and provide suggestions for improvements. Implement and carry out best underwriting practices
Underwrite complex insurance risks in accordance with the business plan and the personal authority to meet business objectives
- Degree or equivalent qualification preferable
- 5+ years working experience with substantial experience gained within the insurance industry
- Track record of business development and sales
- Ability to establish strong relationships with stakeholders including customers, brokers, business partners and colleagues, to maximize influence and achieve business objectives
- Ability to understand and demonstrate awareness of market dynamics and market cycle to drive and enhance business performance
- Established customer/broker relationships
- Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements in Hong Kong
- Extensive knowledge of relevant market conditions for specific class/portfolio
- Good knowledge of relevant underwriting systems / rating tables
Interested candidates please email us your full resume with current and expected remuneration package & available date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All data collected will be treated in strict confidentiality and used for recruitment purpose only. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within 24 months from the date of receipt. Visit us at http://www.qbe.com.hk/ for more information.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to QBE Hongkong & Shanghai Insurance Limited
About QBE Hongkong & Shanghai Insurance Limited
QBE Hongkong and Shanghai Insurance Limited (QBE-HKSI) is a joint venture between QBE Insurance Group and China Construction Bank (Asia) Corporation Limited. As part of QBE Group’s Emerging Markets Division, QBE-HKSI delivers insurance solutions to deal with complex risk exposures. The company has been ranked the No. 1 leader in Employee's Compensation business for three consecutive years from 2012 to 2014.
QBE Emerging Markets Division has operations in 23 markets in Asia Pacific and Latin America. Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, the QBE Insurance Group is one of the world’s top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies.