About Smith & Associates
Founded in 1984, Smith & Associates is a global distributor of semiconductors and electronic components and a trusted provider of efficiency-enhancing supply chain services to electronics and high-tech manufacturers. Smith’s investment in advanced in-house labs, a highly trained professional team, and strategically located global support centers offers our partners complete sourcing, inventory management solutions, cost-saving program, and more.
A privately held company, Smith & Associates employs more than 400 people worldwide, with over $500 million in sales annually. Smith's regional hubs in Houston, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam are ISO-certified. In addition, sales and purchasing offices are located in Austin, Silicon Valley, Guadalajara, New York, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Seoul, Taipei, Penang, and Bangalore. For more information, please visit http://www.smithweb.com/.
Shipping Specialist/Shipping Officer
jobsDB Ref. JHK100003004922265
- Perform detailed inspections per company standards for ISO9001
- Unload all inbound shipments from carriers, open boxes and place shipments in bins
- Receive shipments on purchase orders
- Receiving report for parts received in the previous day.
- Receiving parts checked in by receiving team.
- Label box parts and apply shipping documents to parts
- Repackage processors to meet OEM satisfaction
- Assist with other projects as necessary (ie. maintenance projects, offsite inspections, inventory counts, etc)
- Minimum 1 year warehouse experience
- Knowledge of the distribution field helpful
- Immediate available is highly preferred